The more the better? How collateral levels affect credit risk in agricultural microfinance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vogelgesang, Ulrike, 2003.
"Microfinance in Times of Crisis: The Effects of Competition, Rising Indebtedness, and Economic Crisis on Repayment Behavior,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2085-2114, December.
- Ulrike Vogelgesang, 2001. "Microfinance in Times of Crisis: The Effects of Competition, Rising Indebtedness, and Economic Crisis on Repayment Behavior," GK working paper series 2001-06, Post Graduate Programme "Allocation on Financial Markets", University of Mannheim, revised Nov 2001.
- Martin Petrick, 2005.
"Empirical measurement of credit rationing in agriculture: a methodological survey,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(2), pages 191-203, September.
- Petrick, Martin, 2003. "Empirical measurement of credit rationing in agriculture: a methodological survey," IAMO Discussion Papers 45, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Richard L. Meyer, 2002. "The demand for flexible microfinance products: lessons from Bangladesh," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 351-368.
- Michael Hamp & Carolina Laureti, 2011. "Balancing flexibility and discipline in microfinance: Innovative financial products that benefit clients and service providers," Working Papers CEB 11-044, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Francesca Cassano & Karin Jõeveer & Jan Svejnar, 2013. "Cash flow vs. collateral-based credit," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 21(2), pages 269-300, April.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1999. "The Microfinance Promise," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1569-1614, December.
- Julie Subervie, 2008.
"The Variable Response of Agricultural Supply to World Price Instability in Developing Countries,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 72-92, February.
- Julie Subervie, 2008. "The variable response of agricultural supply to world price instability in developing countries," Post-Print hal-00266105, HAL.
- Jain, Sanjay & Mansuri, Ghazala, 2003. "A little at a time: the use of regularly scheduled repayments in microfinance programs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 253-279, October.
- Beatriz Armendáriz & Jonathan Morduch, 2010. "The Economics of Microfinance, Second Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262014106, January.
- Norbert Hirschauer & Stefan Zwoll, 2008. "Understanding and managing behavioural risks: the case of malpractice in poultry production," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 27-60, August.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Frey, Bruno S & Jegen, Reto, 2001. " Motivation Crowding Theory," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 589-611, December.
- Beatriz Armendáriz de Aghion & Jonathan Morduch, 2000. "Microfinance Beyond Group Lending," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(2), pages 401-420, July.
- J. D. Von Pischke, 2002. "Innovation in finance and movement to client-centered credit," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 369-380.
- Uthra K. Raghunathan & Cesar L. Escalante & Jeffrey H. Dorfman & Glenn C. W. Ames & Jack E. Houston, 2011. "The effect of agriculture on repayment efficiency: a look at MFI borrowing groups," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(4), pages 465-474, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:20-27 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsmicrofinance; collaterals; Tobit Model; credit risk; small-scale farmer;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-05-09 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2014-05-09 (Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2014-05-09 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MFD-2014-05-09 (Microfinance)
- NEP-RMG-2014-05-09 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:daredp:1402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iagoede.html .