Support for the SME supporting factor: Multi-country empirical evidence on systematic risk factor for SME loans
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- M. Dietsch & K. Düllmann & H. Fraisse & P. Koziol & C. Ott, 2016. "Support for the SME Supporting Factor - Multi-country empirical evidence on systematic risk factor for SME loans," Débats économiques et financiers 23, Banque de France.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michel Dietsch, 2004. "Should SME exposures be treated as retail or corporate exposures: a comparative analysis of probabilities of default and assets correlations in French and German SMEs," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14164, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric, 1995. "Bank regulation and the credit crunch," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 679-692, June.
- Lopez, Jose A., 2004.
"The empirical relationship between average asset correlation, firm probability of default, and asset size,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 265-283, April.
- Jose A. Lopez, 2002. "The empirical relationship between average asset correlation, firm probability of default and asset size," Working Paper Series 2002-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Daniel R÷Sch & Harald Scheule, 2010. "Downturn Credit Portfolio Risk, Regulatory Capital and Prudential Incentives-super-," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 10(Financial), pages 185-207.
- Jose Lopez, 2009.
"Empirical analysis of the average asset correlation for real estate investment trusts,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 217-229.
- Jose A. Lopez, 2005. "Empirical analysis of the average asset correlation for real estate investment trusts," Working Paper Series 2005-22, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Klaus Duellmann & Jonathan Küll & Michael Kunisch, 2010. "Estimating asset correlations from stock prices or default rates - which method is superior?," Post-Print hal-00736734, HAL.
- McNeil, Alexander J. & Wendin, Jonathan P., 2007. "Bayesian inference for generalized linear mixed models of portfolio credit risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 131-149, March.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Matthieu Brun & Henri Fraisse & David Thesmar, 2013.
"The Real Effects of Bank Capital Requirements,"
- Fraisse, Henri & Lé, Mathias & Thesmar, David, 2017. "The real effects of bank capital requirements," ESRB Working Paper Series 47, European Systemic Risk Board.
- M. Brun & H. Fraisse & D. Thesmar, 2013. "The Real Effects of Bank Capital Requirements," Débats économiques et financiers 8, Banque de France.
- Brun , Matthieu & Fraisse , Henri & Thesmar , David, 2013. "The Real Effects of Bank Capital Requirements," HEC Research Papers Series 988, HEC Paris.
- Gordy, Michael B., 2003.
"A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 199-232, July.
- Michael B. Gordy, 2002. "A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-55, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Dietsch, Michel & Petey, Joel, 2004. "Should SME exposures be treated as retail or corporate exposures? A comparative analysis of default probabilities and asset correlations in French and German SMEs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 773-788, April.
- Lee, Shih-Cheng & Lin, Chien-Ting, 2012. "Book-to-market equity, operating risk, and asset correlations: Implications for Basel capital requirement," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 973-989.
- Lee, Shih-Cheng & Lin, Chien-Ting & Yang, Chih-Kai, 2011. "The asymmetric behavior and procyclical impact of asset correlations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2559-2568, October.
- Lutz Hahnenstein, 2004. "Calibrating the CreditMetrics™ correlation concept — Empirical evidence from Germany," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 18(4), pages 358-381, December.
- Gordy, Michael B., 2000. "A comparative anatomy of credit risk models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 119-149, January.
- Nikola A. Tarashev & Haibin Zhu, 2007. "Modelling and calibration errors in measures of portfolio credit risk," BIS Working Papers 230, Bank for International Settlements.
- Duellmann, Klaus & Küll, Jonathan & Kunisch, Michael, 2010. "Estimating asset correlations from stock prices or default rates--Which method is superior?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2341-2357, November.
- Yang, Bill Huajian, 2013. "Estimating Long-Run PD, Asset Correlation, and Portfolio Level PD by Vasicek Models," MPRA Paper 57244, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shih-Cheng Lee & Chien-Ting Lin & Min-Teh Yu, 2013. "Book-to-Market Equity, Asset Correlations and the Basel Capital Requirement," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(7-8), pages 991-1008, September.
- Düllmann, Klaus & Koziol, Philipp, 2013. "Evaluation of minimum capital requirements for bank loans to SMEs," Discussion Papers 22/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Hamerle, Alfred & Liebig, Thilo & Rösch, Daniel, 2003. "Credit Risk Factor Modeling and the Basel II IRB Approach," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2003,02, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Giampaolo Gabbi & Pietro Vozzella, 2013. "Asset correlations and bank capital adequacy," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 55-74, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aurélien Violon & Dominique Durant & Oana Toader, 2017. "The Impact of the Identification of GSIBs on their Business Model," Débats économiques et financiers 33, Banque de France.
- Mayordomo, Sergio & Rodríguez-Moreno, María, 2018.
"Did the bank capital relief induced by the Supporting Factor enhance SME lending?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 45-57.
- Sergio Mayordomo & María Rodríguez-Moreno, 2017. "Did the bank capital relief induced by the supporting factor enhance SME lending?," Working Papers 1746, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- F. Borel-Mathurin & S. Loisel & J. Segers, 2017.
"Reevaluation of the capital charge in insurance after a large shock: empirical and theoretical views,"
Débats économiques et financiers
32, Banque de France.
- Fabrice Borel-Mathurin & Stéphane Loisel & Johan Segers, 2017. "Re-evaluation of the capital charge in insurance after a large shock: empirical and theoretical views," EIOPA Financial Stability Report - Thematic Articles 10, EIOPA, Risks and Financial Stability Department.
- J. Hombert & V. Lyonnet, 2017. "Intergenerational Risk Sharing in Life Insurance: Evidence from France," Débats économiques et financiers 30, Banque de France.
More about this item
KeywordsSME finance; Asset correlation; Basel III; CRR/CRD IV; Asymptotic Single Risk factor Model; SME Supporting Factor;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-12-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2016-12-04 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-RMG-2016-12-04 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bubdps:452016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dbbgvde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.