The 'War on Poverty' after 40 Years: A Minskyan Assessment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stephanie Bell & L. Randall Wray, "undated". "The War on Poverty After 40 Years: A Minskyan Assessment," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive ppb_78, Levy Economics Institute.
- Stephanie Bell & L. Randall Wray, 2004. "The "War on Poverty" after 40 Years: A Minskyan Assessment," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_404, Levy Economics Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- J.A. Kregel, 1999. "Currency Stabilization through Full Employment: Can EMU Combine Price Stability with Employment and Income Growth?," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 35-47, Winter.
- W. H. Locke Anderson, 1964. "Trickling Down: The Relationship Between Economic Growth and the Extent of Poverty Among American Families," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 78(4), pages 511-524.
- L. Randall Wray, 1998. "Modern Money," Macroeconomics 9810002, EconWPA.
- David Brady, 2003. "The Poverty of Liberal Economics," LIS Working papers 343, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- H. J. Holzer & S. Danziger, "undated". "Are Jobs Available for Disadvantaged Workers in Urban Areas?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1157-98, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- L. Randall Wray, 2011.
"The Dismal State of Macroeconomics and the Opportunity for a New Beginning,"
Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Recent Economic Methodology, chapter 19
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- L. Randall Wray, 2011. "The Dismal State of Macroeconomics and the Opportunity for a New Beginning," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_652, Levy Economics Institute.
- Pavlina R. Tcherneva, 2013. "Reorienting Fiscal Policy: A Critical Assessment of Fiscal Fine-Tuning," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_772, Levy Economics Institute.
- L. Randall Wray, 2011. "A Minskyan Road to Financial Reform," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_655, Levy Economics Institute.
- Pavlina R. Tcherneva, 2011. "Fiscal Policy: Why Aggregate Demand Management Fails and What to Do about It," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_650, Levy Economics Institute.
- L. Randall Wray, 2012. "The Euro Crisis and the Job Guarantee: A Proposal for Ireland," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_707, Levy Economics Institute.
- L. Randall Wray, 2011. "Lessons We Should Have Learned from the Global Financial Crisis but Didn't," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_681, Levy Economics Institute.
- Papadimitriu, Dimitri & Wray, Randall, 2016. "Hyman Minsky's "Stabilizing an unstable economy" - twenty years later," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 2, pages 22-51, April.
More about this item
KeywordsWar on Poverty; employer of last resort; anti-poverty programs; Hyman Minsky; unemployment; job creation; welfare; economic opportunity; Keynesian policy; demand stimulus; full employment; structuralist;
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- H6 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2004-05-02 (Education)
- NEP-HIS-2004-05-02 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-PKE-2004-05-02 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:0404034. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.