The Dismal State of Macroeconomics and the Opportunity for a New Beginning
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- L. Randall Wray, 2011. "The Dismal State of Macroeconomics and the Opportunity for a New Beginning," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Recent Economic Methodology, chapter 19 Edward Elgar Publishing.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephanie Bell & L. Randall Wray, "undated".
"The War on Poverty After 40 Years: A Minskyan Assessment,"
Economics Public Policy Brief Archive
ppb_78, Levy Economics Institute.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie A. Bell, 2004. "The 'War on Poverty' after 40 Years: A Minskyan Assessment," Macroeconomics 0404034, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephanie Bell & L. Randall Wray, 2004. "The "War on Poverty" after 40 Years: A Minskyan Assessment," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_404, Levy Economics Institute.
- Dimitri Papadimitriou & L. Randall Wray, 1998.
"The Economic Contributions of Hyman Minsky: varieties of capitalism and institutional reform,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 199-225.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & L. Randall Wray, 1997. "The Economic Contributions of Hyman Minsky: Varieties of Capitalism and Institutional Reform," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_217, Levy Economics Institute.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & L. Randall Wray, 1998. "The Economic Contributions of Hyman Minsky: Varieties of Capitalism and Institutional Reform," Macroeconomics 9802018, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ferri, Piero & Minsky, Hyman P., 1992. "Market processes and thwarting systems," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 79-91, June.
- Bell, Stephanie, 2001. "The Role of the State and the Hierarchy of Money," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 149-163, March.
- Goodhart, Charles A. E., 1998. "The two concepts of money: implications for the analysis of optimal currency areas," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 407-432, August.
- Kregel, J A, 1976. "Economic Methodology in the Face of Uncertainty: The Modelling Methods of Keynes and the Post-Keynesians," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(342), pages 209-225, June.
- L. Randall Wray, 2009. "The rise and fall of money manager capitalism: a Minskian approach," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 807-828, July.
- L. Randall Wray, 2004. "The Fed and the New Monetary Consensus: The Case for Rate Hikes, Part Two," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive ppb_80, Levy Economics Institute.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:34:y:2000:i:1:p:201-206 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:34:y:2000:i:3:p:603-620 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Felipe Rezende, 2015.
"Why does Brazil’s banking sector need public banks? What should BNDES do?,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 68(274), pages 239-275.
- Felipe Rezende, 2015. "Why Does Brazil's Banking Sector Need Public Banks? What Should BNDES Do?," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_825, Levy Economics Institute.
- repec:spr:homoec:v:34:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s41412-017-0050-7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEfficient Markets Hypothesis; Keynesian Economics; Orthodoxy; Heterodox Economics; Minsky; Uncertainty; Rational Expectations; New Classical; New Monetary Consensus; Monetary Theory of Production; Effective Demand; Special Properties of Money; the End of Laissez-Faire; Financial Instability Hypothesis;
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
- B15 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- B50 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - General
- E11 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Marxian; Sraffian; Kaleckian
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-03-12 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2011-03-12 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2011-03-12 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2011-03-12 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_652. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.