Money, Power, and Monetary Regimes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Klaus Kultti, 1996. "A monetary economy with counterfeiting," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 175-186, June.
- Bell, Stephanie, 2001. "The Role of the State and the Hierarchy of Money," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 149-163, March.
- Knapp, Georg Friedrich, 1924. "The State Theory of Money," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number knapp1924.
- Ingham, Geoffrey, 2004. "The nature of money," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 5(2), pages 18-28.
- Desan, Christine, 2015. "Making Money: Coin, Currency, and the Coming of Capitalism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198709589.
- Scott Freeman, 1993. "The inefficiency of seigniorage from required reserves," Working Papers 9334, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Pavlina R. Tcherneva, 2007. "Chartalism and the Tax-Driven Approach to Money," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Alternative Monetary Economics, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Pistor, Katharina, 2013. "A legal theory of finance," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 315-330.
- Alla Semenova, 2011. "Would You Barter with God? Why Holy Debts and Not Profane Markets Created Money," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(2), pages 376-400, April.
More about this item
KeywordsHistory of Money; Monetary Sovereignty; Chartalism; Counterfeiting; Public Monopoly; Currency Issuers vs. Currency Users; Exchange Rate Systems;
- B5 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- F45 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Macroeconomic Issues of Monetary Unions
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-03-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2016-03-10 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2016-03-10 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2016-03-10 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2016-03-10 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2016-03-10 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PAY-2016-03-10 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-PKE-2016-03-10 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_861. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .