Outside Money: The Advantages of Owning the Magic Porridge Pot
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ingham, Geoffrey, 2004. "The nature of money," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 5(2), pages 18-28.
- Goodhart, Charles A. E., 1998. "The two concepts of money: implications for the analysis of optimal currency areas," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 407-432, August.
- L. R. Wray, 1990. "Money and Credit in Capitalist Economies," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 474.
More about this item
KeywordsCentral Bank Independence; Chartalism; Fiat Money; Functional Finance; Innes; Keynes; Knapp; Modern Money Theory; Outside Money; Sovereign Currency; State Money;
- B1 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925
- B2 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925
- B3 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals
- B5 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2015-01-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2015-01-09 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2015-01-09 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-01-09 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2015-01-09 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2015-01-09 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_821. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.