On the Centrality of Redemption: Linking the State and Credit Theories of Money through a Financial Approach to Money
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William N. Goetzmann, 2016. "Money Changes Everything: How Finance Made Civilization Possible," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10662, December.
- John F. Henry, 2004. "The Social Origins of Money: The Case of Egypt," Chapters,in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Starr, Ross M, 1974. "The Price of Money in a Pure Exchange Monetary Economy with Taxation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 45-54, January.
- Bell, Stephanie, 2001. "The Role of the State and the Hierarchy of Money," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 149-163, March.
- Mark S. Peacock, 2006. "The origins of money in Ancient Greece: the political economy of coinage and exchange," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(4), pages 637-650, July.
- Michel Aglietta & Pepita Ould Ahmed & Jean-François Ponsot, 2016. "La monnaie. Entre dettes et souveraineté," Post-Print halshs-01372330, HAL.
- Ingham, Geoffrey, 2004. "The nature of money," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 5(2), pages 18-28.
- Goldberg, Dror, 2005. "Famous Myths of "Fiat Money"," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(5), pages 957-967, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit Theory of Money; State Theory of Money; Net Present Value; Monetary Systems;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HME-2017-05-28 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MAC-2017-05-28 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2017-05-28 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PAY-2017-05-28 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-PKE-2017-05-28 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_890. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .