Issues on Agricultural Negotiations in the FTAA and Linkages With the Doha Round
An FTAA that provides gains to all participants remains a major challenge for LA. Given the demanding pre-conditions required in these and other negotiations with industrial countries, I am unsure whether all LA countries will be able to confront this challenge successfully. It is of paramount importance that Governments can document clear net gains to their societies, because otherwise a few years down the road, regional relations may become soured by an under-performing FTAA.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Michael Finger & Julio J. Nogués, 2002.
"The Unbalanced Uruguay Round Outcome: The New Areas in Future WTO Negotiations,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 321-340, 03.
- Finger, J. Michael & Nogues, Julio J., 2001. "The unbalanced Ururguay Round outcome : the new areas in future WTO negotiations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2732, The World Bank.
- J. Michael Finger & Julio J. Nogués, 2005. "The Unbalanced Uruguay Round Outcome: The New Areas in Future WTO Negotiations," International Trade 0502010, EconWPA.
- Gardner, Bruce L., 2002. "North American Agricultural Policies And Effects On Western Hemisphere Markets Since 1995, With A Focus On Grains And Oilseeds," Working Papers 28602, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Finger, Michael J. & Schuler, Philip, 1999. "Implementation of Ururguay Round commitments : the development challenge," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2215, The World Bank. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpit:0502006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.