Istituzioni e mercato del lavoro nel Mezzogiorno d'Italia: un'analisi dinamica
In this paper a stochastic model is used to analyse the matching process between skills demand and supply in a segmented labor market. We find the steady state solution of the dynamic system and we address the issue of the necessary conditions for the existence of a steady state and for the emergence of a “good” outcome i.e. an equilibrium towards the high level steady state. In a second step we discuss the sensitivity of the endogenous dynamics to parameters changes due to policy/institutional reforms. Last within this framework we discuss labor market frictions in the Mezzogiorno of Italy [JEL Code: D81, D83, J42].
|Date of creation:||11 Feb 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; prepared on Win98; to print on hp laserjet 1300; pages: 39. 39 pages, pdf|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://188.8.131.52|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000.
"Looking Into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0470, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Christopher A. Pissarides & Barbara Petrongolo, 2001. "Looking into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 390-431, June.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2000. "Looking Into The Black Box: A Survey Of The Matching Function," CEPR Discussion Papers 2409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher Pissarides, 2000. "Looking into the black box: a survey of the matching function," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2122, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joern-Steffen Pischke, 1999.
"Certification of Training and Training Outcomes,"
99-28, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- David H. Autor, 2001.
"Wiring the Labor Market,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 25-40, Winter.
- Jean Gabszewicz & Alessandro Turrini, 1999.
"Workers' Skills and Product Selection,"
Programme National Persée, vol. 50(3), pages 383-391.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean & TURRINI, Alessandro, . "Workers'skills and product selection," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1394, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean & TURRINI, Alessandro, 1999. "Workers’skills and product selection," CORE Discussion Papers 1999006, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ricardo Lagos, 2000. "An Alternative Approach to Search Frictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 851-873, October.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Diamond, Peter A, 1994.
"Ranking, Unemployment Duration, and Wages,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 417-34, July.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Peter Diamond, 1990. "Ranking, Unemployment Duration, and Wages," NBER Working Papers 3387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, O.J. & Diamond, P., 1990. "Ranking, Unemployment Duration, And Wages," Working papers 546, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Karp, Larry & Lee, In Ho, 2000.
"Learning-by-Doing and the Choice of Technology: the Role of Patience,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt4vh9x271, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Karp, Larry & Lee, In Ho, 2001. "Learning-by-Doing and the Choice of Technology: The Role of Patience," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 73-92, September.
- Karp, L. & Lee, I.H., 1998. "Learning-by-doing and the choice of technology: the role of patience," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9810, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Sandro Trento & Massimo Warglien, 2001. "Nuove tecnologie e cambiamenti organizzativi: alcune implicazioni per le imprese italiane," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 428, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bruno Contini, 2000. "Job Changes and Wage Dynamics," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 5, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & Stolyarov, Dmitriy, 1997.
"Optimal Adoption of Complementary Technologies,"
97-27, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Andrea Lavezzi, 2001. "Segmentazione del mercato del lavoro ed acquisizione di capitale umano: un'applicazione delle catene di Markov," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2001(73).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpge:0402002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.