Istituzioni e mercato del lavoro nel Mezzogiorno d'Italia: un'analisi dinamica
In this paper a stochastic model is used to analyse the matching process between skills demand and supply in a segmented labor market. We find the steady state solution of the dynamic system and we address the issue of the necessary conditions for the existence of a steady state and for the emergence of a “good” outcome i.e. an equilibrium towards the high level steady state. In a second step we discuss the sensitivity of the endogenous dynamics to parameters changes due to policy/institutional reforms. Last within this framework we discuss labor market frictions in the Mezzogiorno of Italy [JEL Code: D81, D83, J42].
|Date of creation:||11 Feb 2004|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; prepared on Win98; to print on hp laserjet 1300; pages: 39. 39 pages, pdf|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher A. Pissarides & Barbara Petrongolo, 2001.
"Looking into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 390-431, June.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2000. "Looking Into The Black Box: A Survey Of The Matching Function," CEPR Discussion Papers 2409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Looking Into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," CEP Discussion Papers dp0470, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher Pissarides, 2000. "Looking into the black box: a survey of the matching function," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2122, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Peter Diamond, 1994. "Ranking, Unemployment Duration, and Wages," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(3), pages 417-434.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Peter Diamond, 1990. "Ranking, Unemployment Duration, and Wages," NBER Working Papers 3387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, O.J. & Diamond, P., 1990. "Ranking, Unemployment Duration, And Wages," Working papers 546, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, Jorn-Steffen, 2000. "Certification of training and training outcomes," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 917-927, May.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joern-Steffen Pischke, 1999. "Certification of Training and Training Outcomes," Working papers 99-28, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Karp, Larry & Lee, In Ho, 2001. "Learning-by-Doing and the Choice of Technology: The Role of Patience," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 73-92, September.
- Karp, L. & Lee, I.H., 1998. "Learning-by-doing and the choice of technology: the role of patience," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9810, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Karp, Larry & Lee, In Ho, 2000. "Learning-by-Doing and the Choice of Technology: the Role of Patience," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt4vh9x271, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Jean Gabszewicz & Alessandro Turrini & Jean-Claude Berthlemy, 1999. "Workers' Skills and Product Selection," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 50(3), pages 383-391.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean & TURRINI, Alessandro, "undated". "Workers'skills and product selection," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1394, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean & TURRINI, Alessandro, 1999. "Workers’skills and product selection," CORE Discussion Papers 1999006, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ricardo Lagos, 2000. "An Alternative Approach to Search Frictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 851-873, October.
- Andrea Lavezzi, 2001. "Segmentazione del mercato del lavoro ed acquisizione di capitale umano: un'applicazione delle catene di Markov," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2001(73).
- Dmitriy Stolyarov & Boyan Jovanovic, 2000. "Optimal Adoption of Complementary Technologies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 15-29, March.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & Stolyarov, Dmitriy, 1997. "Optimal Adoption of Complementary Technologies," Working Papers 97-27, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Sandro Trento & Massimo Warglien, 2001. "Nuove tecnologie e cambiamenti organizzativi: alcune implicazioni per le imprese italiane," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 428, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- David H. Autor, 2001. "Wiring the Labor Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 25-40, Winter.
- David Autor, 2000. "Wiring the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 7959, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno Contini, 2000. "Job Changes and Wage Dynamics," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 5, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)