Istituzioni e mercato del lavoro nel Mezzogiorno d’Italia: un’analisi dinamica
In this paper a stochastic model is used to analyse the matching process between skills demand and supply in a segmented labor market. We find the steady state solution of the dynamic system and we address the issue of the necessary conditions for the existence of a steady state and for the emergence of a “good” outcome i.e. an equilibrium towards the high level steady state. In a second step we discuss the sensitivity of the endogenous dynamics to parameters changes due to policy/institutional reforms. Last within this framework we discuss labor market frictions in the Mezzogiorno of Italy.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 92 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (May-June)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher Pissarides, 2000.
"Looking into the black box: a survey of the matching function,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2122, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christopher A. Pissarides & Barbara Petrongolo, 2001. "Looking into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 390-431, June.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2000. "Looking Into The Black Box: A Survey Of The Matching Function," CEPR Discussion Papers 2409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Looking Into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," CEP Discussion Papers dp0470, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & Stolyarov, Dmitriy, 1997.
"Optimal Adoption of Complementary Technologies,"
97-27, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- David Autor, 2000.
"Wiring the Labor Market,"
NBER Working Papers
7959, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrea Lavezzi, 2001. "Segmentazione del mercato del lavoro ed acquisizione di capitale umano: un'applicazione delle catene di Markov," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2001(73).
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Peter Diamond, 1994.
"Ranking, Unemployment Duration, and Wages,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(3), pages 417-434.
- Blanchard, O.J. & Diamond, P., 1990. "Ranking, Unemployment Duration, And Wages," Working papers 546, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Peter Diamond, 1990. "Ranking, Unemployment Duration, and Wages," NBER Working Papers 3387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo Lagos, 2000. "An Alternative Approach to Search Frictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 851-873, October.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean & TURRINI, Alessandro, .
"Workers'skills and product selection,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1394, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sandro Trento & Massimo Warglien, 2001. "Nuove tecnologie e cambiamenti organizzativi: alcune implicazioni per le imprese italiane," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 428, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Karp, Larry & Lee, In Ho, 2000.
"Learning-by-Doing and the Choice of Technology: the Role of Patience,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt4vh9x271, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Karp, Larry & Lee, In Ho, 2001. "Learning-by-Doing and the Choice of Technology: The Role of Patience," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 73-92, September.
- Karp, L. & Lee, I.H., 1998. "Learning-by-doing and the choice of technology: the role of patience," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9810, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Bruno Contini, 2000. "Job Changes and Wage Dynamics," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 5, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, Jorn-Steffen, 2000.
"Certification of training and training outcomes,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 917-927, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rpo:ripoec:v:92:y:2002:i:3:p:281-320. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.