Libor Market Model and Gaussian HJM explicit approaches to option on composition
The twin brothers Libor Market and Gaussian HJM models are investigated. A simple exotic option, floor on composition, is studied. The same explicit approach is used for both models. Using an approximation the LLM price is obtained without Monte Carlo simulation. The results of the approximation are very good, with an error well below the uncertainty due to the simulation. The appendices proves the existence of the (modified) normal and shifted log-normal LLM used in the pricing. The link of the latter with the Ho and Lee continuous time model is described.
|Date of creation:||29 Nov 2005|
|Date of revision:||07 Dec 2005|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 11. Draft version, comments welcome|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992.
"Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- David Heath & Robert Jarrow & Andrew Morton, 2008. "Bond Pricing And The Term Structure Of Interest Rates: A New Methodology For Contingent Claims Valuation," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 13, pages 277-305 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Lee, Sang-bin, 1986. " Term Structure Movements and Pricing Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1011-1029, December.
- Marc Henrard, 2004. "Swaptions: 1 price, 10 deltas, and ... 6 1/2 gammas," Finance 0407018, EconWPA, revised 14 Aug 2004.
- Eymen Errais & Fabio Mercurio, 2005. "Yes, Libor Models can capture Interest Rate Derivatives Skew : A Simple Modelling Approach," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 192, Society for Computational Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0511016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.