Skewed Libor Market Model and Gaussian HJM explicit approaches to rolled deposit options
A simple exotic option (floor on rolled deposit) is studied in the shifted log-normal Libor Market (LMM) and Gaussian HJM models. The shifted log-normal LMM exhibits a controllable volatility skew. An explicit approach is used for both models. Using approximations the price in the LMM is obtained without Monte Carlo simulation. The more precise approximation uses a twisted version of the perdictor-corrector adapted to explicit solutions. The results of the approximation are surprisingly good.
|Date of creation:||11 Jan 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Farshid Jamshidian, 1997. "LIBOR and swap market models and measures (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 293-330.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Miltersen, K. & K. Sandmann & D. Sondermann, 1994.
"Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates,"
Discussion Paper Serie B
308, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Miltersen, Kristian R & Sandmann, Klaus & Sondermann, Dieter, 1997. " Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 409-30, March.
- Mark Joshi & Alan Stacey, 2008. "New and robust drift approximations for the LIBOR market model," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 427-434.
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1999. "Pricing and Hedging of Derivative Securities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776192, July.
- Marc Henrard, 2006. "A Semi-Explicit Approach to Canary Swaptions in HJM One-Factor Model," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 1-18.
- Marc Henrard, 2005. "Libor Market Model and Gaussian HJM explicit approaches to option on composition," Finance 0511016, EconWPA, revised 07 Dec 2005.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Lee, Sang-bin, 1986. " Term Structure Movements and Pricing Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1011-29, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1534. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.