A Semi-Explicit Approach to Canary Swaptions in HJM One-Factor Model
Leveraging the explicit formula for European swaptions and coupon-bond options in the HJM one-factor model, a semi-explicit formula for 2-Bermudan options (also called Canary options) is developed. The European swaption formula is extended to future times. So equipped, one is able to reduce the valuation of a 2-Bermudan swaption to a single numerical integration at the first expiry date. In that integration the most complex part of the embedded European swaptions valuation has been simplified to perform it only once and not for every point. In a special but very common in practice case, a semi-explicit formula is provided. Those results lead to a significantly faster and more precise implementation of swaption valuation. The improvements extend even more favourably to sensitivity calculations.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAMF20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-92.
- Marc Henrard, 2004. "Semi-explicit Delta and Gamma for European swaptions in Hull- White one factor model," Finance 0411036, EconWPA, revised 25 Jan 2005.
- Marc Henrard, 2003. "Explicit bond option and swaption formula in Heath-Jarrow-Morton one factor model," Finance 0310009, EconWPA.
- Marc Henrard, 2005. "Bermudan swaptions in Hull-White one-factor model: analytical and numerical approaches," Finance 0505023, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:13:y:2006:i:1:p:1-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.