Pricing Interest Rate Derivatives in a Multifactor HJM Model with Time
We investigate the partial differential equation (PDE) for pricing interest derivatives in the multi-factor Cheyette Model, which involves time-dependent volatility functions with a special structure. The high dimensional parabolic PDE that results is solved numerically via a modified sparse grid approach, that turns out to be accurate and efficient. In addition we study the corresponding Monte Carlo simulation, which is fast since the distribution of the state variables can be calculated explicitly. The results obtained from both methodologies are compared to the known analytical solutions for bonds and caplets. When there is no analytical solution, both European and Bermudan swaptions have been evaluated using the sparse grid PDE approach that is shown to outperform the Monte Carlo simulation.
|Date of creation:||01 Oct 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia|
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.qfrc.uts.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Bhar & C. Chiarella, 1997.
"Transformation of Heath?Jarrow?Morton models to Markovian systems,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-26.
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 1995. "Transformation of Heath-Jarrow-Morton Models to Markovian Systems," Working Paper Series 53, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Tomas Björk & Yuri Kabanov & Wolfgang Runggaldier, 1997. "Bond Market Structure in the Presence of Marked Point Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 211-239.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2009. "The Term Structure of Interest Rates," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 69-96, November.
- Marc Henrard, 2003. "Explicit bond option and swaption formula in Heath-Jarrow-Morton one factor model," Finance 0310009, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.