Tax clientele effects in the German bond market
This paper presents an analysis of tax clientele eects in the German government bond market from the viewpoint of private investors. The methods developed here allow the identification of bonds that are over-valued from the viewpoint of a certain tax class, the estimation of tax-specific term structures, and the identification of representative investors. Regression and no-arbitrage approaches are unified. The empirical results presented have important implications for the estimation of the term structure from coupon bond prices and the valuation of interest rate derivatives.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Spandauer Str. 1,10178 Berlin|
Web page: http://www.wiwi.hu-berlin.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jaime Cuevas Dermody & R. Tyrrell Rockafellar, 1991. "Cash Stream Valuation In the Face of Transaction Costs and Taxes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 31-54.
- Tomas Björk & Yuri Kabanov & Wolfgang Runggaldier, 1997. "Bond Market Structure in the Presence of Marked Point Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 211-239.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992.
"Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- David Heath & Robert Jarrow & Andrew Morton, 2008. "Bond Pricing And The Term Structure Of Interest Rates: A New Methodology For Contingent Claims Valuation," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 13, pages 277-305 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- George M. CONSTANTINIDES & Jonathan E. INGERSOLL Jr., 2005.
"Optimal Bond Trading With Personal Taxes,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 6, pages 165-206
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Schaefer, Stephen M., 1982. "Tax-induced clientele effects in the market for British government securities : Placing bounds on security values in an incomplete market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 121-159, July.
- Jaime Cuevas Dermody & R. Tyrrell Rockafellar, 1995. "Tax Basis And Nonlinearity In Cash Stream Valuation," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 97-119.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:sfb373:199811. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.