Tax clientele effects in the German bond market
This paper presents an analysis of tax clientele eects in the German government bond market from the viewpoint of private investors. The methods developed here allow the identification of bonds that are over-valued from the viewpoint of a certain tax class, the estimation of tax-specific term structures, and the identification of representative investors. Regression and no-arbitrage approaches are unified. The empirical results presented have important implications for the estimation of the term structure from coupon bond prices and the valuation of interest rate derivatives.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wiwi.hu-berlin.de/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Constantinides, George M. & Ingersoll, Jonathan Jr., 1984. "Optimal bond trading with personal taxes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 299-335, September.
- Jaime Cuevas Dermody & R. Tyrrell Rockafellar, 1991. "Cash Stream Valuation In the Face of Transaction Costs and Taxes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 31-54.
- Schaefer, Stephen M., 1982. "Tax-induced clientele effects in the market for British government securities : Placing bounds on security values in an incomplete market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 121-159, July.
- Tomas Björk & Yuri Kabanov & Wolfgang Runggaldier, 1997. "Bond Market Structure in the Presence of Marked Point Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 211-239.
- Jaime Cuevas Dermody & R. Tyrrell Rockafellar, 1995. "Tax Basis And Nonlinearity In Cash Stream Valuation," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 97-119.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:sfb373:199811. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.