On Filtering in Markovian Term Structure Models (An Approximation Approach)
We study a nonlinear filtering problem to estimate, on the basis of noisy observations of forward rates, the market price of interest rate risk as well as the parameters in a particular term structure model within the Heath-Jarrow-Morton family. An approximation approach is described for the actual computation of the filter.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published as: Chiarella, C., Pasquali, S. and Runggaldier, W. J., 2001. "On Filtering in Markovian Term Structure Models", Advances in Applied Probability, 33(4), 794-809.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia|
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.qfrc.uts.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chapman, David A & Long, John B, Jr & Pearson, Neil D, 1999.
"Using Proxies for the Short Rate: When Are Three Months Like an Instant?,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 763-806.
- David A. Chapman & John B. Long Jr. & Neil D. Pearson, 1998. "Using Proxies for the Short Rate: When are Three Months Like an Instant?," Finance 9808004, EconWPA, revised 07 Oct 1998.
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella & Nadima El-Hassan & Xiaosu Zheng, 2000. "The Reduction of Forward Rate Dependent Volatility HJM Models to Markovian Form: Pricing European Bond Option," Research Paper Series 36, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella & Wolfgang Runggaldier, 2001. "Estimation in Models of the Instantaneous Short Term Interest Rate By Use of a Dynamic Bayesian Algorithm," Research Paper Series 68, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh-Kang Kwon, 1999. "Classes of Interest Rate Models Under the HJM Framework," Research Paper Series 13, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Lee, Sang-bin, 1986. " Term Structure Movements and Pricing Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1011-29, December.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh Kang Kwon, 2001.
"Forward rate dependent Markovian transformations of the Heath-Jarrow-Morton term structure model,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 237-257.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh-Kang Kwon, 1999. "Forward Rate Dependent Markovian Transformations of the Heath-Jarrow-Morton Term Structure Model," Research Paper Series 5, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Björk, Tomas, 2000. "A Geometric View of Interest Rate Theory," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 419, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 21 Dec 2000.
- Björk, Tomas & Svensson, Lars, 1999. "On the Existence of Finite Dimensional Realizations for Nonlinear Forward Rate Models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 338, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.