Long Run Relationships between Stock Market Returns and Macroeconomic Performance: Evidence from Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1981. "Stock Returns, Real Activity, Inflation, and Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 545-565, September.
- Geske, Robert & Roll, Richard, 1983. " The Fiscal and Monetary Linkage between Stock Returns and Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 1-33, March.
- James G. MacKinnon, 1990.
"Critical Values for Cointegration Tests,"
1227, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- MacKinnon, James G., 2010. "Critical Values for Cointegration Tests," Queen's Economics Department Working Papers 273723, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- James G. MacKinnon, 2010. "Critical Values for Cointegration Tests," Working Papers 1227, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Gjerde, Oystein & Saettem, Frode, 1999. "Causal relations among stock returns and macroeconomic variables in a small, open economy," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 61-74, January.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
- Jones, Charles M & Kaul, Gautam, 1996. " Oil and the Stock Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 463-491, June.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Kothari, S. P. & Shanken, Jay, 1992. "Stock return variation and expected dividends : A time-series and cross-sectional analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 177-210, April.
- Kaneko Takashi & Lee Bong-Soo, 1995. "Relative Importance of Economic Factors in the U.S. and Japanese Stock Markets," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 290-307, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Athambawa Jahfer & Abdul Hameed Mulafara, 2016. "Dividend policy and share price volatility: evidence from Colombo stock market," International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(2), pages 97-108.
- Dorra Zouari & Achraf Ghorbel & Sonia Ghorbel-Zouari & Younes BoujelbÃ¨ne, 2014. "Volatility spillovers and dynamic correlation between liquidity risk factors in Tunisian banks," International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 1-26.
- Prempeh, Kwadwo Boateng, 2016. "Macroeconomic Variables and Stock Price Volatility in Ghana," MPRA Paper 70545, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsStock Returns Macroeconomic Performance Emergency Market Cointegration Causality;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CFN-2003-09-14 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-FIN-2003-09-14 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2003-09-14 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IFN-2003-09-14 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2003-09-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-RMG-2003-09-14 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0309010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.