A Simple Deconvolving Kernel Density Estimator when Noise is Gaussian
Deconvolving kernel estimators when noise is Gaussian entail heavy calculations. In order to obtain the density estimates numerical evaluation of a specific integral is needed. This work proposes an approximation to the deconvolving kernel which simplifies considerably calculations by avoiding the typical numerical integration. Simulations included indicate that the lost in performance relatively to the true deconvolving kernel, is almost negligible in finite samples.
|Date of creation:||05 Aug 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; prepared on windows; pages: 9. pdf for Windows document submitted via ftp|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joel L. Horowitz & Marianthi Markatou, 1993. "Semiparametric Estimation Of Regression Models For Panel Data," Econometrics 9309001, EconWPA.
- Laurent-Emmanuel Calvet & Etienne Comon, 2003.
"Behavioral Heterogeneity and the Income Effect,"
- Laurent E. Calvet & Etienne Comon, 2000. "Behavioral Heterogeneity and The Income Effect," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1892, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Wand, M. P., 1998. "Finite sample performance of deconvolving density estimators," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 131-139, February.
- Horowitz, Joel L & Markatou, Marianthi, 1996. "Semiparametric Estimation of Regression Models for Panel Data," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 145-68, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0508006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.