Bayesian Multivariate Regression Analysis with a New Class of Skewed Distributions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Sutton, 1997. "Gibrat's Legacy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 40-59, March.
- C. J. Hoggart & S. G. Walker & A. F. M. Smith, 2003. "Bivariate kurtotic distributions of garment fibre data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 52(3), pages 323-335.
- Fern ndez, Carmen & Steel, Mark F.J., 2000.
"Bayesian Regression Analysis With Scale Mixtures Of Normals,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 80-101, February.
- Carmen Fernandez & Mark F J Steel, 1999. "Bayesian Regression Analysis with scale mixtures of normals," ESE Discussion Papers 27, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- A. Azzalini & A. Capitanio, 1999. "Statistical applications of the multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(3), pages 579-602.
- Branco, Márcia D. & Dey, Dipak K., 2001. "A General Class of Multivariate Skew-Elliptical Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 99-113, October.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Antonella Capitanio, 2003. "Distributions generated by perturbation of symmetry with emphasis on a multivariate skew "t"-distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(2), pages 367-389.
- Barry Arnold & Robert Beaver & A. Azzalini & N. Balakrishnan & A. Bhaumik & D. Dey & C. Cuadras & J. Sarabia & Barry Arnold & Robert Beaver, 2002. "Skewed multivariate models related to hidden truncation and/or selective reporting," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 11(1), pages 7-54, June.
- Luc Bauwens & Sébastien Laurent, 2002.
"A New Class of Multivariate skew Densities, with Application to GARCH Models,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2002
5, Society for Computational Economics.
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, Sébastien, 2002. "A new class of multivariate skew densities, with application to GARCH models," CORE Discussion Papers 2002020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gianni Amisano & Roberto Casarin, 2008. "Particle Filters for Markov-Switching Stochastic-Correlation Models," Working Papers 0814, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Roberto Casarin & Marco Tronzano & Domenico Sartore, 2013. "Bayesian Markov Switching Stochastic Correlation Models," Working Papers 2013:11, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Ferreira, Jose T.A.S. & Steel, Mark F.J., 2007.
"Model comparison of coordinate-free multivariate skewed distributions with an application to stochastic frontiers,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 641-673, April.
- Jose T.A.S. Ferreira & Mark F.J. Steel, 2004. "Model Comparison of Coordinate-Free Multivariate Skewed Distributions with an Application to Stochastic Frontiers," Econometrics 0404005, EconWPA.
- M. Jones, 2004. "Families of distributions arising from distributions of order statistics," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 13(1), pages 1-43, June.
- José T. A. S. Ferreira & Mark F. J. Steel, 2005.
"Modelling directional dispersion through hyperspherical log-splines,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(4), pages 599-616.
- J.T.A.S. Ferreira & M.F.J. Steel, 2004. "Modelling Directional Dispersion Through Hyperspherical Log- Splines," Econometrics 0410006, EconWPA.
- J. T. A. S. Ferreira & M. F. J. Steel, 2004. "On Describing Multivariate Skewness: A Directional Approach," Econometrics 0409010, EconWPA.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer & Jun Yu, 2006. "Multivariate Stochastic Volatility," Microeconomics Working Papers 22058, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Siddhartha Chib & Yasuhiro Omori & Manabu Asai, 2007. "Multivariate stochastic volatility (Revised in May 2007, Handbook of Financial Time Series (Published in "Handbook of Financial Time Series" (eds T.G. Andersen, R.A. Davis, Jens-Peter Kreiss," CARF F-Series CARF-F-094, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Balaev , Alexey, 2011. "Multivariate skewed t-distribution with degrees of freedom vector and its application to financial modeling," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 23(3), pages 79-97.
- Maximiano Pinheiro, 2010. "Marginal Distributions of Random Vectors Generated by Affine Transformations of Independent Two-Piece Normal Variables," Working Papers w201013, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsAsymmetric distributions; Heavy tails; Linear regression model; Mardia's measure of skewness; Orthogonal matrices; Posterior propriety.;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0403001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .