Major Flaws in Conflict Prevention Policies towards Africa. The Conceptual Deficits of International Actors’ Approaches and How to Overcome Them
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Andreas Mehler, 2005. "Major Flaws in Conflict Prevention Policies towards Africa. The Conceptual Deficits of International Actors’ Approaches and How to Overcome Them," GIGA Working Paper Series 04, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tony Addison & Philippe Le Billon & S. Mansoob Murshed, 2002.
"Conflict in Africa: The Cost of Peaceful Behaviour,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(3), pages 365-386, September.
- Addison, Tony & Le Billon, Philippe & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2001. "Conflict In Africa: The Cost of Peaceful Behaviour," WIDER Working Paper Series 051, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Paul Collier & Anke Hoeffler, 2004. "Greed and grievance in civil war," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 563-595, October.
- Andreas Mehler, 2002. "Structural Stability: meaning, scope and use in an African context," Africa Spectrum, Institute of African Affairs, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 37(1), pages 5-23.
- repec:taf:revape:v:26:y:1999:i:81:p:367-384 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSaharan Africa; Conflict Prevention; Conflict Factors; Root causes; Conflict Prolonging Factors; Escalation Patterns; Peace Order; Structural Stability;
- N57 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Africa; Oceania
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpeh:0508001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.