Capitalization of Federal Taxes, the Relative Price of Housing, and Urban Form: Density and Sorting Effects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Voith, Richard & Gyourko, Joseph, 2002. "Capitalization of federal taxes, the relative price of housing, and urban form: density and sorting effects," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 673-690, November.
- Richard Voith & Joseph Gyourko, 2000. "Capitalization of federal taxes, the relative price of housing, and urban form: density and sorting effects," Working Papers 00-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Peter Rupert, 1996. "Mortgage interest deductibility and housing prices," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Feb.
- Peter Mieszkowski & Edwin S. Mills, 1993. "The Causes of Metropolitan Suburbanization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 135-147, Summer.
- Blackley, Dixie & Follain, James R., 1983. "Inflation, tax advantages to homeownership and the locational choices of households," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 505-516, November.
- Edwin S. Mills, 1987. "Dividing up the investment pie: have we overinvested in housing?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Mar, pages 13-23.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin, Hal & Hanson, Andrew, 2016.
"Metropolitan area home prices and the mortgage interest deduction: Estimates and simulations from policy change,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 12-23.
- Martin, Hal & Hanson, Andrew, 2015. "Metropolitan Area Home Prices and the Mortgage Interest Deduction: Estimates and Simulations from Policy Change," Working Paper 1516, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Maureen Kilkenny, 2010. "Urban/Regional Economics And Rural Development," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 449-470.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2005.
"Transport subsidies, system choice, and urban sprawl,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 715-733, November.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2003. "Transport Subsidies, System Choice, and Urban Sprawl," CESifo Working Paper Series 1090, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hanson, Andrew, 2012. "Size of home, homeownership, and the mortgage interest deduction," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 195-210.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2003.
"The Benefits of the Home Mortgage Interest Deduction,"
NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 17, pages 37-82
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2002. "The Benefits of the Home Mortgage Interest Deduction," NBER Working Papers 9284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jenny Schuetz, 2008. "Guarding the Town Walls: Mechanisms and Motives for Restricting Multifamily Housing in Massachusetts," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(3), pages 555-586, September.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Molloy, Raven, 2015. "Regulation and Housing Supply," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Joseph Gyourko & Raven Molloy, 2014. "Regulation and Housing Supply," NBER Working Papers 20536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Agrawal & William H. Hoyt, 2014. "State Tax Differentials, Cross-Border Commuting, and Commuting Times in Multi-State Metropolitan Areas," CESifo Working Paper Series 4852, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-07-31 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:pennzl:366. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/szupaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.