Taxes and Unmarried Fathers' Participation in the Underground Economy
This paper considers whether marginal tax rates influence the likelihood that unmarried fathers participate in the underground economy. Although it does not directly consider the effect of the imposition of child support payments, a primary motivation for examining the effect of marginal tax rates stems from the possibility that such payments may cause unmarried fathers to face high implicit tax rates on their earnings.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||01 Sep 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.jcpr.org/wp/ByDate.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rich, Lauren M., 2001. "Regular and irregular earnings of unwed fathers: Implications for child support practices," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4-5), pages 353-376.
- Lacroix, Guy & Fortin, Bernard, 1992.
"Utility-Based Estimation of Labour Supply Functions in the Regular and Irregular Sectors,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(415), pages 1407-22, November.
- Lacroix, G. & Fortin, B., 1991. "Utility-Based Estimation of Labor Supply Functions in the Regular and Irregular Sectors," Cahiers de recherche 9020, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Kesselman, Jonathan R., 1989. "Income tax evasion : An intersectoral analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 137-182, March.
- Cowell, Frank A., 1985. "Tax evasion with labour income," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 19-34, February.
- Lemieux, Thomas & Fortin, Bernard & Frechette, Pierre, 1994. "The Effect of Taxes on Labor Supply in the Underground Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 231-54, March.
- Bernard Fortin & Thomas Lemieux & Pierre Frechette, 1990.
"An Empirical Model of Labor Supply in the Underground Economy,"
NBER Working Papers
3392, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fortin, B. & Lemieux, T. & Frechette, P., 1990. "An Empirical Model Of Labor Supply In The Underground Economy.," Papers 9005, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Triest, Robert K., 1998. "Econometric Issues in Estimating the Behavioral Response to Taxation: A Nontechnical Introduction," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 4), pages 761-72, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:jopovw:237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.