Labor supply when tax evasion is an option
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Isachsen, Arne Jon & Strom, Steinar, 1980. " The Hidden Economy: The Labor Market and Tax Evasion," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 82(2), pages 304-311.
- Steinar StrØm & John K. Dagsvik, 2006.
"Sectoral labour supply, choice restrictions and functional form,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(6), pages 803-826.
- John K. Dagsvik & Steinar Strøm, 2004. "Sectoral Labor Supply, Choice Restrictions and Functional Form," Discussion Papers 388, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Dagsvik, John K. & Strøm, Steinar, 2004. "Sectoral labor supply, choice restrictions and functional form," Memorandum 13/2004, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Brian Erard & Jonathan S. Feinstein, 1994. "Honesty and Evasion in the Tax Compliance Game," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(1), pages 1-19, Spring.
- Cowell, Frank A., 1985. "Tax evasion with labour income," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 19-34, February.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Lacroix, Guy & Fortin, Bernard, 1992.
"Utility-Based Estimation of Labour Supply Functions in the Regular and Irregular Sectors,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(415), pages 1407-1422, November.
- Lacroix, G. & Fortin, B., 1991. "Utility-Based Estimation of Labor Supply Functions in the Regular and Irregular Sectors," Cahiers de recherche 9020, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
- Andersen, Per, 1977. " Tax Evasion and Labor Supply," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(3), pages 375-383.
- Lemieux, Thomas & Fortin, Bernard & Frechette, Pierre, 1994. "The Effect of Taxes on Labor Supply in the Underground Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 231-254, March.
- Clotfelter, Charles T, 1983. "Tax Evasion and Tax Rates: An Analysis of Individual Returns," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 363-373, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barth, Erling & Ognedal, Tone, 2005. "Unreported Labour," IZA Discussion Papers 1893, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Catalina Granda-Carvajal, 2012.
"Macroeconomic Implications of the Underground Sector: Challenging the Double Business Cycle Approach,"
Economic Analysis and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 237-256, September.
- Catalina Granda-Carvajal, 2011. "Macroeconomic Implications of the Underground Sector: Challenging the Double Business Cycle Approach," Working papers 2011-14, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Razzolini, Tiziano, 2006. "Study on labor supply when tax evasion is an option with Box-Cox functional forms and random parameters," Memorandum 25/2006, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor supply; tax evasion; survey data; microeconometrics;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2005-04-16 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-DCM-2005-04-16 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-PBE-2005-04-16 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2005-04-16 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2005_006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mari Strønstad Øverås). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/souiono.html .