Labor supply when tax evasion is an option
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Steinar StrØm & John K. Dagsvik, 2006.
"Sectoral labour supply, choice restrictions and functional form,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(6), pages 803-826.
- John K. Dagsvik & Steinar Strøm, 2004. "Sectoral Labor Supply, Choice Restrictions and Functional Form," Discussion Papers 388, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Dagsvik, John K. & Strøm, Steinar, 2004. "Sectoral labor supply, choice restrictions and functional form," Memorandum 13/2004, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Brian Erard & Jonathan S. Feinstein, 1994. "Honesty and Evasion in the Tax Compliance Game," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(1), pages 1-19, Spring.
- Cowell, Frank A., 1985. "Tax evasion with labour income," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 19-34, February.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Andersen, Per, 1977. " Tax Evasion and Labor Supply," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(3), pages 375-383.
- Lemieux, Thomas & Fortin, Bernard & Frechette, Pierre, 1994. "The Effect of Taxes on Labor Supply in the Underground Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 231-254, March.
- Lacroix, Guy & Fortin, Bernard, 1992.
"Utility-Based Estimation of Labour Supply Functions in the Regular and Irregular Sectors,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(415), pages 1407-1422, November.
- Lacroix, G. & Fortin, B., 1991. "Utility-Based Estimation of Labor Supply Functions in the Regular and Irregular Sectors," Cahiers de recherche 9020, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Clotfelter, Charles T, 1983. "Tax Evasion and Tax Rates: An Analysis of Individual Returns," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 363-373, August.
- Isachsen, Arne Jon & Strom, Steinar, 1980. " The Hidden Economy: The Labor Market and Tax Evasion," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 82(2), pages 304-311.
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catalina Granda-Carvajal, 2012.
"Macroeconomic Implications of the Underground Sector: Challenging the Double Business Cycle Approach,"
Economic Analysis and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 237-256, September.
- Catalina Granda-Carvajal, 2011. "Macroeconomic Implications of the Underground Sector: Challenging the Double Business Cycle Approach," Working papers 2011-14, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Barth, Erling & Ognedal, Tone, 2005. "Unreported Labour," IZA Discussion Papers 1893, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Razzolini, Tiziano, 2006. "Study on labor supply when tax evasion is an option with Box-Cox functional forms and random parameters," Memorandum 25/2006, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor supply; tax evasion; survey data; microeconometrics;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CMP-2005-04-16 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-DCM-2005-04-16 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-PBE-2005-04-16 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2005-04-16 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2005_006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mari Strønstad Øverås). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/souiono.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.