The role of tourism in sustainable economic development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- Nick Hanley & Clive L. Spash, 1993. "Cost–Benefit Analysis and the Environment," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 205.
- Hediger, Werner, 2000. "Sustainable development and social welfare," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 481-492, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreas Freytag & Christoph Vietze, 2013.
"Can nature promote development? The role of sustainable tourism for economic growth,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 16-44, March.
- Andreas Freytag & Christoph Vietze, 2010. "Can nature promote development? The role of sustainable tourism for economic growth," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- De Bruyn C & Meyer N & Meyer D.F, 2018. "Assessing the Dynamic Economic Impact of Tourism in a Developing Region in South Africa," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 10(5), pages 274-283.
- Borseková, Kamila & Vaňová, Anna & Vitálišová, Katarína, 2017. "Smart Specialization for Smart Spatial Development: Innovative Strategies for Building Competitive Advantages in Tourism in Slovakia," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 39-50.
- Campa, Juan Luis & Arce, Rosa & López-Lambas, María Eugenia & Guirao, Begoña, 2018. "Can HSR improve the mobility of international tourists visiting Spain? Territorial evidence derived from the Spanish experience," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 94-107.
- Kucherenko, Ksenia, 2017. "Assessment Of Impact Of Global Business Environment On International Tourism Brands," EUREKA: Social and Humanities, Scientific Route OU, issue 4, pages 21-36.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Liu, Xinyu & Liu, Gengyuan & Yang, Zhifeng & Chen, Bin & Ulgiati, Sergio, 2016. "Comparing national environmental and economic performances through emergy sustainability indicators: Moving environmental ethics beyond anthropocentrism toward ecocentrism," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1532-1542.
- Helen Scarborough & Jeff Bennett, 2012. "Cost–Benefit Analysis and Distributional Preferences," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14376.
- Farhad Noorbakhsh & Sanjeev Ranjan, "undated". "Integrating Environmental Impact Assessment and Economic Appraisal in Project Planning," Working Papers 9817, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Mara Del Baldo, 2012. "Corporate social responsibility and corporate governance in Italian SMEs: the experience of some “spirited businesses”," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 16(1), pages 1-36, February.
- Rigby, Dan & Woodhouse, Phil & Young, Trevor & Burton, Michael, 2001. "Constructing a farm level indicator of sustainable agricultural practice," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 463-478, December.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein, 1999. "Soil Erosion and Smallholders' Conservation Decisions in the Highlands of Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 739-752, April.
- Jose M. Martínez-Paz & Angel Perni & Federico Martínez-Carrasco, 2013. "Assessment of the Programme of Measures for Coastal Lagoon Environmental Restoration Using Cost--Benefit Analysis," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 131-148, February.
- Seelos, Christian & Mair, Johanna, 2005. "Social entrepreneurship: Creating new business models to serve the poor," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 241-246.
- Isin Ceti̇n, 2017. "Accounting Requirements And Records On Bank Subscribed Capital Compliance With European Directives," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 52-68, February.
- Smith, Joyotee & Scherr, Sara J., 2003. "Capturing the Value of Forest Carbon for Local Livelihoods," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2143-2160, December.
- Buys, Piet & Chomitz, Ken & Dasgupta, Susmita & Deichmann, Uwe & Larsen, Bjorn & Meisner, Craig & Nygard, Jostein & Pandey, Kiran & Pinnoi, Nat & Wheeler, David, 2006. "The economics of decentralized poverty-environment programs: An application for Lao PDR," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 811-824, October.
- Zhang, XiaoLi & Liu, ChenGuang & Li, WenJuan & Evans, Steve & Yin, Yong, 2017. "Effects of key enabling technologies for seru production on sustainable performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 66(PB), pages 290-307.
- Daniel Fiorino, 2011. "Explaining national environmental performance: approaches, evidence, and implications," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 44(4), pages 367-389, November.
- Karine Nyborg & Inger Spangen, 2000. "Cost-Benefit Analysis and the Democratic Ideal," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 26, pages 83-93.
- Wang, Jiangjiang & Zhai, Zhiqiang (John) & Jing, Youyin & Zhang, Chunfa, 2010. "Optimization design of BCHP system to maximize to save energy and reduce environmental impact," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 3388-3398.
- Mogaka, Violet Moraa & Mbatia, O.L.E. & Nzuma, Jonathan M., 2012. "Feasibility of Biofuel Production in Kenya: The Case of Jatropha," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126427, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Finger, Matthias & Verlaan, Philomene, 1995. "Learning our way out: A conceptual framework for social-environmental learning," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 503-513, March.
- Hsueh, Che-Fu, 2014. "Improving corporate social responsibility in a supply chain through a new revenue sharing contract," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 214-222.
- Werner Hediger, 2013. "From Multifunctionality and Sustainability of Agriculture to the Social Responsibility of the Agri-food System," Journal of Socio-Economics in Agriculture (Until 2015: Yearbook of Socioeconomics in Agriculture), Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, vol. 6(1), pages 59-80.
- Cruz, Luciano Barin & Delgado, Natalia Aguilar & Begnis, Heron Sergio Moreira & Pedrozo, Eugenio Avila, 2006. "Ampliando o Conceito de Rastreabilidade: Em Busca de Sustentabilidade nas Cadeias Produtivas," 44th Congress, July 23-27, 2006, Fortaleza, CearÃ¡, Brazil 146380, Sociedade Brasileira de Economia, Administracao e Sociologia Rural (SOBER).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa03p84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Gunther Maier (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.