The role of tourism in sustainable economic development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nick Hanley & Clive L. Spash, 1993. "Cost–Benefit Analysis and the Environment," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 205.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- Hediger, Werner, 2000. "Sustainable development and social welfare," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 481-492, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gasparino, Ugo & Bellini, Elena & del Corpo, Barbara & Malizia, William, 2008.
"Measuring the Impact of Tourism Upon Urban Economies: A Review of Literature,"
Knowledge, Technology, Human Capital Working Papers
37846, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Ugo Gasparino & Elena Bellini & Barbara Del Corpo & William Malizia, 2008. "Measuring the Impact of Tourism Upon Urban Economies: A Review of Literature," Working Papers 2008.52, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Nermin Kişi, 2019. "A Strategic Approach to Sustainable Tourism Development Using the A’WOT Hybrid Method: A Case Study of Zonguldak, Turkey," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(4), pages 1-19, February.
- Andreas Freytag & Christoph Vietze, 2013.
"Can nature promote development? The role of sustainable tourism for economic growth,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 16-44, March.
- Andreas Freytag & Christoph Vietze, 2010. "Can nature promote development? The role of sustainable tourism for economic growth," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Bellini, Elena & Gasparino, Ugo & del Corpo, Barbara & Malizia, William, 2007.
"Impact of Cultural Tourism upon Urban Economies: An Econometric Exercise,"
Knowledge, Technology, Human Capital Working Papers
8220, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Elena Bellini & Ugo Gasparino & Barbara Del Corpo & William Malizia, 2007. "Impact of Cultural Tourism upon Urban Economies: An Econometric Exercise," Working Papers 2007.85, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- De Bruyn C & Meyer N & Meyer D.F, 2018. "Assessing the Dynamic Economic Impact of Tourism in a Developing Region in South Africa," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 10(5), pages 274-283.
- Jerzy Korzeniewski & Maciej Kozłowski, 2020. "Development of tourism in Polish poviats in the years 2010–2017," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 54(5), pages 1591-1612, December.
- Borseková, Kamila & Vaňová, Anna & Vitálišová, Katarína, 2017. "Smart Specialization for Smart Spatial Development: Innovative Strategies for Building Competitive Advantages in Tourism in Slovakia," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 39-50.
- Azam Muhammad & Mahdiat Mahdiat & Hafeez Muhammad Haroon & Bakhtyar Baher, 2022. "Investigating the Role of Tourism in Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan," Polish Journal of Sport and Tourism, Sciendo, vol. 29(1), pages 39-47, March.
- Maria Kuklina & Andrey Trufanov & Tuyana Bayaskalanova & Nina Urazova & Alexei Tikhomirov & Olga Berestneva & Olga Marukhina & Igor Vidyaev & Oksana Fisochenko & Ivan Lyzin & Elena Berestneva & Nadezh, 2020. "Network Platform for Tourism Sector: Transformation and Interpretation of Multifaceted Data," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(16), pages 1-15, August.
- del Corpo, Barbara & Gasparino, Ugo & Bellini, Elena & Malizia, William, 2008.
"Effects of Tourism Upon the Economy of Small and Medium-Sized European Cities. Cultural Tourists and “The Others”,"
Knowledge, Technology, Human Capital Working Papers
37522, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Elena Bellini & Barbara Del Corpo & Ugo Gasparino & William Malizia, 2008. "Effects of Tourism Upon the Economy of Small and Medium-Sized European Cities. Cultural Tourists and “The Others”," Working Papers 2008.44, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Kucherenko, Ksenia, 2017. "Assessment Of Impact Of Global Business Environment On International Tourism Brands," EUREKA: Social and Humanities, Scientific Route OÜ, issue 4, pages 21-36.
- Panan Nurancha & Wasin Inkapatanakul & Kasem Chunkao, 2013. "Guidelines to the Management of Firefly Watching Tour in Thailand," Modern Applied Science, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 7(3), pages 1-8, March.
- Waheed Ahmad & Tariq Majeed & Zubaria Andlib, 2020. "Tourism Led Growth Hypothesis: Empirical Evidence From Five South Asian Countries," Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 9(1), pages 51-59, March.
- Resmiye Alpar Atun & Hassina Nafa & Özlem Olgaç Türker, 2019. "Envisaging sustainable rural development through ‘context-dependent tourism’: case of northern Cyprus," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 1715-1744, August.
- Julie Jasmine Silikam & Angeline Raymonde Ngo Essounga, 2021. "Socio-Cultural Potentials of the CEMAC Zone for Sub-Regional Integration and Development," Technium Social Sciences Journal, Technium Science, vol. 21(1), pages 718-727, July.
- Campa, Juan Luis & Arce, Rosa & López-Lambas, María Eugenia & Guirao, Begoña, 2018. "Can HSR improve the mobility of international tourists visiting Spain? Territorial evidence derived from the Spanish experience," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 94-107.
- Andreas Freytag & Christoph Vietze, 2006. "International Tourism, development and Biodiversity: First Evidence," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 11/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Helen Scarborough & Jeff Bennett, 2012. "Cost–Benefit Analysis and Distributional Preferences," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14376.
- Werner Hediger, 2013. "From Multifunctionality and Sustainability of Agriculture to the Social Responsibility of the Agri-food System," Journal of Socio-Economics in Agriculture (Until 2015: Yearbook of Socioeconomics in Agriculture), Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, vol. 6(1), pages 59-80.
- Mehrbakhsh Nilashi & Fausto Cavallaro & Abbas Mardani & Edmundas Kazimieras Zavadskas & Sarminah Samad & Othman Ibrahim, 2018. "Measuring Country Sustainability Performance Using Ensembles of Neuro-Fuzzy Technique," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(8), pages 1-20, August.
- Liu, Xinyu & Liu, Gengyuan & Yang, Zhifeng & Chen, Bin & Ulgiati, Sergio, 2016. "Comparing national environmental and economic performances through emergy sustainability indicators: Moving environmental ethics beyond anthropocentrism toward ecocentrism," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1532-1542.
- Paolo Cupo & Rinalda Alberta Di Cerbo, 2016. "The determinants of ranking in sustainable efficiency of Italian farms," RIVISTA DI STUDI SULLA SOSTENIBILITA', FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(2), pages 141-159.
- Rebecca L. H. Chiu, 2002. "Social equity in housing in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region: a social sustainability perspective," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 155-162.
- Farhad Noorbakhsh & Sanjeev Ranjan, "undated". "Integrating Environmental Impact Assessment and Economic Appraisal in Project Planning," Working Papers 9817, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Gengyuan Liu & Mark T. Brown & Marco Casazza, 2017. "Enhancing the Sustainability Narrative through a Deeper Understanding of Sustainable Development Indicators," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(6), pages 1-19, June.
- C.-H. DiMaria, 2019. "Sustainability, welfare and efficiency of nations," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 1141-1163, May.
- van der Straaten, J., 1996. "The economic pitfalls and barriers of the sustainable tourism concept in the case of national parks," WORC Paper 96.10.017/2, Tilburg University, Work and Organization Research Centre.
- Gábor Megyeri & Kitti Boros & Balázs Fekete, 2022. "A Theoretical Concept of an Innovative and Sustainable Product Based on an Unconventional Approach to Design Development," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(5), pages 1-19, March.
- Kevin C. Urama & Ian Hodge, 2004. "Irrigation Externalities and Agricultural Sustainability in South‐eastern Nigeria," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 479-501, November.
- Anja Buerke & Tammo Straatmann & Nick Lin-Hi & Karsten Müller, 2017. "Consumer awareness and sustainability-focused value orientation as motivating factors of responsible consumer behavior," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 959-991, October.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Georgios I. Papayiannis & Athanasios Yannacopoulos, 2022. "Optimal Control Approaches to Sustainability under Uncertainty," DEOS Working Papers 2215, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Francois Bonnieux & Jean-Christophe Paoli, 2004. "Investment project evaluation : social and economic indicators for sustainable development," Working Papers hal-01594134, HAL.
- Joachim H. Spangenberg, 2004. "Reconciling sustainability and growth: criteria, indicators, policies," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 74-86.
- Mechthild Donner & Anne Verniquet & Jan Broeze & Katrin Kayser & Hugo de Vries, 2021. "Critical success and risk factors for circular business models valorising agricultural waste and by-products," Post-Print hal-03004851, HAL.
- Cornelis Leeuwen & Jos Frijns & Annemarie Wezel & Frans Ven, 2012. "City Blueprints: 24 Indicators to Assess the Sustainability of the Urban Water Cycle," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 26(8), pages 2177-2197, June.
- CHEN, Helen S.Y., 2020. "Designing Sustainable Humanitarian Supply Chains," OSF Preprints m82ar, Center for Open Science.
- Jim Butcher, 2006. "The United Nations International Year of Ecotourism: a critical analysis of development implications," Progress in Development Studies, , vol. 6(2), pages 146-156, April.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa03p84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Gunther Maier (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.