Housework Burdens, Quality of Market Work Time, and Men’s and Women’s Earnings in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael C Burda & Daniel S Hamermesh & Philippe Weil, 2007.
"Total Work, Gender and Social Norms,"
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Michael C Burda & Philippe Weil, 2007. "Total Work, Gender and Social Norms," Sciences Po publications 2705, Sciences Po.
- Michael Burda & Daniel S. Hamermesh & Philippe Weil, 2007. "Total Work, Gender and Social Norms," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-058, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Burda, Michael C. & Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Weil, Philippe, 2007. "Total Work, Gender and Social Norms," IZA Discussion Papers 2705, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Burda & Daniel S. Hamermesh & Philippe Weil, 2007. "Total Work, Gender and Social Norms," NBER Working Papers 13000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael C Burda & Daniel S Hamermesh & Philippe Weil, 2007. "Total Work, Gender and Social Norms," Working Papers hal-00972817, HAL.
- Burda, Michael C & Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Weil, Philippe, 2007. "Total Work, Gender and Social Norms," CEPR Discussion Papers 6232, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Michael C Burda & Philippe Weil, 2007. "Total Work, Gender and Social Norms," Sciences Po publications 6232, Sciences Po.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/8651 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xin Meng & Junsen Zhang & Pak-Wai Liu, 2000. "Sectoral gender wage differentials and discrimination in the transitional Chinese economy," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(2), pages 331-352.
- Samuel P.S. Ho & Xiao-Yuan Dong & Paul Bowles & Fiona MacPhail, 2002. "Privatization and enterprise wage structures during transition: Evidence from rural industry in china," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 10(3), pages 659-688, November.
- Chi, Wei & Li, Bo, 2008. "Glass ceiling or sticky floor? Examining the gender earnings differential across the earnings distribution in urban China, 1987-2004," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 243-263, June.
- Mark L Bryan & Almudena Sevilla-Sanz, 2011. "Does housework lower wages? Evidence for Britain," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(1), pages 187-210, January.
- Shelley Phipps & Peter Burton & Lynn Lethbridge, 2001. "In and out of the labour market: long-term income consequences of child-related interruptions to women's paid work," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 411-429, May.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/8650 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dong, Xiao-yuan & Zhang, Liqin, 2009. "Economic transition and gender differentials in wages and productivity: Evidence from Chinese manufacturing enterprises," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 144-156, January.
- Joni Hersch, 2009. "Home production and wages: evidence from the American Time Use Survey," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 159-178, June.
- Sholeh A. Maani & Amy A. Cruickshank, 2010. "What Is The Effect Of Housework On The Market Wage, And Can It Explain The Gender Wage Gap?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 402-427, July.
- Nan Jia & Xiao-Yuan Dong, 2013.
"Economic transition and the motherhood wage penalty in urban China: investigation using panel data,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 819-843.
- Nan Jia & Xiao-yuan Dong, 2011. "Economic Transition and the Motherhood Wage Penalty in Urban China: Investigation using Panel Data," Departmental Working Papers 2011-02, The University of Winnipeg, Department of Economics.
- Bonke, Jens & Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Smith, Nina, 2003. "Timing and Flexibility of Housework and Men and Women's Wages," IZA Discussion Papers 860, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Xiao-yuan Dong & Xinli An, 2015. "Gender Patterns and Value of Unpaid Care Work: Findings From China's First Large-Scale Time Use Survey," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 61(3), pages 540-560, September.
- Björn Gustafsson & Shi Li, 2000. "Economic transformation and the gender earnings gap in urban China," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(2), pages 305-329.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jasmine Gideon, 2016. "Migration and Health: Examining the Linkages through a Gender Lens," Working Papers id:8247, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-05-19 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2013-05-19 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2013-05-19 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2013-05-19 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-TRA-2013-05-19 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:win:winwop:2013-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Soham Baksi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dwinnca.html .