Growth Resurgence, Productivity Catching-up and Labour Demand in CEECs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "Macroeconomics of Unbalanced Growth: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 150-150, March.
- Vasily Astrov & Zlatko Bosnic & Vladimir Gligorov & Peter Havlik & Mario Holzner & Gabor Hunya & Michael Landesmann & Zdenek Lukas & Anton Mihailov & Leon Podkaminer & Sandor Richter & Waltraut Urban , 2007. "Private Consumption and Flourishing Exports Keep the Region on High Growth Track," wiiw Research Reports 335, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Marcel P. Timmer & Mary O’Mahony & Bart van Ark, 2007. "EU KLEMS Growth and Productivity Accounts: An Overview," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 14, pages 71-85, Spring.
- Peter Havlik, 2005. "Unit Labour Costs in the New EU Member States," wiiw Statistical Reports 1, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Peter Havlik, 2005. "Central and East European Industry in an Enlarged European Union: Restructuring, Specialisation and Catching-up," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 102, pages 107-132.
- Michael Landesmann & Hermine Vidovic, 2006. "Employment Developments in Central and Eastern Europe," wiiw Research Reports 332, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Foster, Neil & Stehrer, Robert, 2007. "Modeling transformation in CEECs using smooth transitions," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 57-86, March.
- Michael Landesmann & Hermine Vidovic & Terry Ward, 2004. "Economic Restructuring and Labour Market Developments in the New EU Member States," wiiw Research Reports 312, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Arrow, Kenneth J., 1973. "Higher education as a filter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 193-216, July.
- Michael A. Landesmann & Robert Stehrer, 2002. "Evolving Competitiveness of CEEC’s in an Enlarged Europe," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 92(1), pages 23-88, January-F.
- Robert Stehrer, 2005. "Employment, Education and Occupation Structures: A Framework for Forecasting," wiiw Research Reports 315, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Eugene A. Kroch & Kriss Sjoblom, 1994. "Schooling as Human Capital or a Signal: Some Evidence," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(1), pages 156-180.
- Vasily Astrov & Zlatko Bosnic & Vladimir Gligorov & Peter Havlik & Mario Holzner & Gabor Hunya & Michael Landesmann & Zdenek Lukas & Anton Mihailov & Leon Podkaminer & Sandor Richter & Waltraut Urban , 2007. "High Growth Continues, with Risks of Overheating on the Horizon," wiiw Research Reports 341, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andres Kuusk & Karsten Staehr & Uku Varblane, 2017. "Sectoral change and labour productivity growth during boom, bust and recovery in Central and Eastern Europe," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 21-43, February.
- Peter Havlik, 2014. "Structural Change in Europe During the Crisis," FIW Policy Brief series 022, FIW.
- Jože Damijan & Črt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, 2015.
"Bright past, shady future? Past and potential future export performance of CEE countries in a comparative perspective,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 306-335, September.
- Jože Damijan & Črt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, 2013. "Bright past, shady future? Past and potential future export performance of CEE countries in a comparative perspective," LICOS Discussion Papers 33413, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Marcel P. Timmer & Ilya B. Voskoboynikov, 2014.
"Is Mining Fuelling Long-Run Growth in Russia? Industry Productivity Growth Trends Since 1995,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(S2), pages 398-422, November.
- Voskoboynikov, Ilya B. & Timmer, Marcel, 2013. "Is Mining Fuelling Long-run Growth in Russia? Industry Productivity Growth Trends since 1995," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-137, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Timmer, Marcel P. & Voskoboynikov, Ilya B., 2013. "Is mining fuelling long-run growth in Russia? : Industry productivity growth trends since 1995," BOFIT Discussion Papers 19/2013, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Metka Stare & Andreja Jaklič, 2011. "Towards Explaining Growth of Private and Public services in the Emerging Market Economies," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(30), pages 581-598, June.
- Maciej Grodzicki, 2013. "Productivity Convergence in Manufacturing in the European Union: The Role of Economic Structure," Research in Economics and Business: Central and Eastern Europe, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology, vol. 5(2).
- Andres Kuusk & Karsten Staehr & Uku Varblane, 2015. "Sectoral change and labour productivity growth during boom, bust and recovery," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2015-2, Bank of Estonia, revised 30 Dec 2015.
- Voskoboynikov, Ilya B., 2012. "New measures of output, labour and capital in industries of the Russian economy," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-123, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Varga, Attila & Sebestyén, Tamás, 2015.
"Innováció Kelet-Közép-Európában. Az EU keretprogramjaiban való részvétel szerepe az innovációs teljesítményben
[Innovation in Central East Europe. The role played in innovation performance by parti," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 881-908.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic transition; restructuring; growth; multifactor productivity; labour demand;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2008-03-15 (European Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2008-03-15 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2008-03-15 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wii:spaper:statr:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Customer service). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wiiwwat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.