The Emergence of Central Banks and Banking Regulation in Comparative Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard K. Abrams & Michael W Taylor, 2000. "Issues in the Unification of Financial Sector Supervision," IMF Working Papers 00/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Grossman, Richard S., 2001. "Charters, corporations and codes: entry restriction in modern banking law," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 107-121, October.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard & Levine, Ross, 2000. "Banking systems around the globe : do regulation and ownership affect the performance and stability?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2325, The World Bank.
- Taylor, Michael & Fleming, Alex, 1999. "Integrated financial supervision : lessons of Northern European experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2223, The World Bank.
- Dirk Schoenmaker, 1992. "Institutional Separation between Supervisory and Monetary Agencies," FMG Special Papers sp52, Financial Markets Group.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 2001. "Synergies between Bank Supervision and Monetary Policy: Implications for the Design of Bank Regulatory Structure," NBER Chapters,in: Prudential Supervision: What Works and What Doesn't, pages 273-300 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
- Julius Landmann, 1906. "The Swiss National Bank," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 468-482.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2006-10-07 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2006-10-07 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2006-10-07 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-HIS-2006-10-07 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MON-2006-10-07 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-REG-2006-10-07 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wes:weswpa:2006-021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manolis Kaparakis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edwesus.html .