The Emergence of Central Banks and Banking Regulation in Comparative Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- anonymous, 1997. "Paper entitled "Core principles for effective banking supervision" released," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Nov, pages 890-891.
- James R. Barth & Gerard Caprio Jr. & Ross Levine, 2001.
"Banking Systems around the Globe: Do Regulation and Ownership Affect Performance and Stability?,"
NBER Chapters, in: Prudential Supervision: What Works and What Doesn't, pages 31-96,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard & Levine, Ross, 2000. "Banking systems around the globe : do regulation and ownership affect the performance and stability?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2325, The World Bank.
- Taylor, Michael & Fleming, Alex, 1999. "Integrated financial supervision : lessons of Northern European experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2223, The World Bank.
- Mr. Richard K. Abrams & Mr. Michael W Taylor, 2000. "Issues in the Unification of Financial Sector Supervision," IMF Working Papers 2000/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Dirk Schoenmaker, 1992. "Institutional Separation between Supervisory and Monetary Agencies," FMG Special Papers sp52, Financial Markets Group.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 2001. "Synergies between Bank Supervision and Monetary Policy: Implications for the Design of Bank Regulatory Structure," NBER Chapters, in: Prudential Supervision: What Works and What Doesn't, pages 273-300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Richard S., 2001. "Charters, corporations and codes: entry restriction in modern banking law," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 107-121, October.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
- Julius Landmann, 1906. "The Swiss National Bank," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 468-482.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Friedrich Heinemann & Martin Schüler, 2004. "A Stiglerian View on Banking Supervision," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 121(1), pages 99-130, October.
- Heinemann, Friedrich & Schüler, Martin, 2002. "A Stigler View on Banking Supervision," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-66, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Schüler, Martin, 2004. "Integrated Financial Supervision in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-35, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Marc Quintyn & Michael W. Taylor, 2003.
"Regulatory and Supervisory Independence and Financial Stability,"
CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 49(2), pages 259-294.
- Mr. Marc G Quintyn & Mr. Michael W Taylor, 2002. "Regulatory and Supervisory Independence and Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 2002/046, International Monetary Fund.
- Donato Masciandaro & Marc Quintyn, 2013. "The Evolution of Financial Supervision: the Continuing Search for the Holy Grail," SUERF 50th Anniversary Volume Chapters, in: Morten Balling & Ernest Gnan (ed.), 50 Years of Money and Finance: Lessons and Challenges, chapter 8, pages 263-318, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Laeven, Luc & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Regulations, Market Structure, Institutions, and the Cost of Financial Intermediation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 593-622, June.
- Asli Demirgüč-Kunt & Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2004. "Regulations, market structure, institutions, and the cost of financial intermediation," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 593-626.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2003. "Regulations, Market Structure, Institutions, and the Cost of Financial Intermediation," NBER Working Papers 9890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giorgio Di Giorgio & Carmine Di Noia, 2001. "Financial Regulation and Supervision in the Euro Area: A Four-Peak Proposal," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-02, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Melanie S. Milo, 2007. "Integrated Financial Supervision : An Institutional Perspective for the Philippines," Finance Working Papers 22667, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Dayoub, Mariam & Lasagabaster, Esperanza, 2008. "General trends in competition policy and investment regulation in mandatory defined contribution markets in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4720, The World Bank.
- Mertzanis, Charilaos, 2020. "Financial supervision structure, decentralized decision-making and financing constraints," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 13-37.
- Milo, Melanie S., 2007. "Integrated Financial Supervision: an Institutional Perspective for the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2007-17, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- de Luna Martinez, Jose & Rose, Thomas A., 2003. "International survey of integrated financial sector supervision," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3096, The World Bank.
- Martin Èihák & Richard Podpiera, 2006. "Is One Watchdog Better than Three? International Experience with Integrated Financial-Sector Supervision (in English)," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 56(3-4), pages 102-126, March.
- Delis, Manthos D & Molyneux, Philip & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2009. "Regulations and productivity growth in banking," MPRA Paper 13891, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chortareas, Georgios E. & Girardone, Claudia & Ventouri, Alexia, 2012. "Bank supervision, regulation, and efficiency: Evidence from the European Union," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 292-302.
- Liang, Lien-Wen & Dash Altankhuyag, 2019. "Impact of Banking Supervision on the Cost-Efficiency of Banks: A Study of Five Developing Asian Countries," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 9(2), pages 213-231, February.
- Giorgio Di Giorgio & Carmine Di Noia & Laura Piatti, 2000. "Financial Market Regulation: The Case of Italy and a Proposal for the Euro Area," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-24, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Narain, Aditya & Ghosh, Saibal, 2001. "Bank supervisory arrangements: International evidence and Indian perspective," MPRA Paper 17454, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephanou, Constantinos, 2005. "Supervision of financial conglomerates : the case of Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3553, The World Bank.
- Jeffrey Carmichael & Alexander Fleming & David Llewellyn, 2004. "Aligning Financial Supervisory Structures with Country Needs," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14876.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2006-10-07 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2006-10-07 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2006-10-07 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-HIS-2006-10-07 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MON-2006-10-07 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-REG-2006-10-07 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wes:weswpa:2006-021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/edwesus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Manolis Kaparakis (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/edwesus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.