The Emergence of Central Banks and Banking Regulation in Comparative Perspective
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PAC 123, 238 Church Street, Middletown, CT 06459-0007|
Web page: http://www.wesleyan.edu/econ/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard & Levine, Ross, 2000. "Banking systems around the globe : do regulation and ownership affect the performance and stability?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2325, The World Bank.
- Taylor, Michael & Fleming, Alex, 1999. "Integrated financial supervision : lessons of Northern European experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2223, The World Bank.
- Dirk Schoenmaker, 1992. "Institutional Separation between Supervisory and Monetary Agencies," FMG Special Papers sp52, Financial Markets Group.
- Richard K. Abrams & Michael W Taylor, 2000. "Issues in the Unification of Financial Sector Supervision," IMF Working Papers 00/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 2001. "Synergies between Bank Supervision and Monetary Policy: Implications for the Design of Bank Regulatory Structure," NBER Chapters,in: Prudential Supervision: What Works and What Doesn't, pages 273-300 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Richard S., 2001. "Charters, corporations and codes: entry restriction in modern banking law," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 107-121, October.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
- Julius Landmann, 1906. "The Swiss National Bank," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 468-482.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wes:weswpa:2006-021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manolis Kaparakis)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.