Payment systems efficiency, policy approaches, and the role of the central bank
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pauli, Ralf, 2000. "Payments remain fundamental for banks and central banks," Research Discussion Papers 6/2000, Bank of Finland.
- Jeffrey M. Lacker, 1993. "Should we subsidize the use of currency?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 47-73.
- Jeffrey M. Lacker & Jeffrey D. Walker & John A. Weinberg, 1999. "The Fed's entry into check clearing reconsidered," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 1-32.
- Goodhart, C A E, 1987. "Why Do Banks Need a Central Bank?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 75-89, March.
- Edward J. Green & Richard M. Todd, 2001. "Thoughts on the Fed's role in the payment system," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 12-27.
- Humphrey, David B. & Keppler, Robert H. & Montes-Negret, Fernando, 1997. "Cost recovery and pricing of payment services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1833, The World Bank.
- John A. Weinberg, 1994. "Selling Federal Reserve payment services: one price fits all?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 1-24.
- Kjersti-Gro Lindquist, 2002. "The Effect of New Technology in Payment Services on Banks' Intermediation," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 B3-2, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Edward J. Stevens, 1998. "Non-par banking: competition and monopoly in markets for payments services," Working Paper 9817, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Bauer, Paul W & Ferrier, Gary D, 1996.
"Scale Economies, Cost Efficiencies, and Technological Change in Federal Reserve Payments Processing,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 1004-1039, November.
- Paul W. Bauer & Gary D. Ferrier, 1996. "Scale economies, cost efficiencies, and technological change in Federal Reserve payments processing," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 1004-1044.
- Leinonen, Harry, 2000. "Re-engineering payment systems for the E-world," Research Discussion Papers 17/2000, Bank of Finland.
- Allen B. Frankel & Jeffrey C. Marquardt, 1983. "Payments systems: theory and policy," International Finance Discussion Papers 216, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bernell K. Stone & George C. White, 1986. "Scenarios for the future of the ACH," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Apr, pages 29-49.
- Bauer, Paul W. & Hancock, Diana, 1993. "The efficiency of the Federal Reserve in providing check processing services," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 287-311, April.
- Baxter, William F, 1983. "Bank Interchange of Transactional Paper: Legal and Economic Perspectives," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 541-588, October.
- Clyde Goodlet, 1997. "Clearing and settlement systems and the Bank of Canada," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 1997(Autumn), pages 49-64.
- Leinonen, Harry & Soramäki, Kimmo, 1999. "Optimizing liquidity usage and settlement speed in payment systems," Research Discussion Papers 16/1999, Bank of Finland.
- Dirk Schoenmaker, 1992. "Institutional Separation between Supervisory and Monetary Agencies," FMG Special Papers sp52, Financial Markets Group.
- Paul W. Bauer & Diana Hancock, 1995. "Scale economies and technological change in Federal Reserve ACH payment processing," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 14-29.
More about this item
Keywordspayment systems; efficiency; cost; revenues; innovations;
- G - Financial Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-09 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0405004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.