Payment systems efficiency, policy approaches, and the role of the central bank
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pauli, Ralf, 2000. "Payments remain fundamental for banks and central banks," Research Discussion Papers 6/2000, Bank of Finland.
- Jeffrey M. Lacker, 1993. "Should we subsidize the use of currency?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 47-73.
- Jeffrey M. Lacker & Jeffrey D. Walker & John A. Weinberg, 1999. "The Fed's entry into check clearing reconsidered," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 1-32.
- Goodhart, C A E, 1987. "Why Do Banks Need a Central Bank?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 75-89, March.
- Edward J. Green & Richard M. Todd, 2001. "Thoughts on the Fed's role in the payment system," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 12-27.
- Humphrey, David B. & Keppler, Robert H. & Montes-Negret, Fernando, 1997. "Cost recovery and pricing of payment services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1833, The World Bank.
- John A. Weinberg, 1994. "Selling Federal Reserve payment services: one price fits all?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 1-24.
- Kjersti-Gro Lindquist, 2002. "The Effect of New Technology in Payment Services on Banks' Intermediation," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 B3-2, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Edward J. Stevens, 1998. "Non-par banking: competition and monopoly in markets for payments services," Working Paper 9817, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Bauer, Paul W & Ferrier, Gary D, 1996.
"Scale Economies, Cost Efficiencies, and Technological Change in Federal Reserve Payments Processing,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 1004-1039, November.
- Paul W. Bauer & Gary D. Ferrier, 1996. "Scale economies, cost efficiencies, and technological change in Federal Reserve payments processing," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 1004-1044.
- Leinonen, Harry, 2000. "Re-engineering payment systems for the E-world," Research Discussion Papers 17/2000, Bank of Finland.
- Allen B. Frankel & Jeffrey C. Marquardt, 1983. "Payments systems: theory and policy," International Finance Discussion Papers 216, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bernell K. Stone & George C. White, 1986. "Scenarios for the future of the ACH," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Apr, pages 29-49.
- Bauer, Paul W. & Hancock, Diana, 1993. "The efficiency of the Federal Reserve in providing check processing services," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 287-311, April.
- Baxter, William F, 1983. "Bank Interchange of Transactional Paper: Legal and Economic Perspectives," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 541-588, October.
- Clyde Goodlet, 1997. "Clearing and settlement systems and the Bank of Canada," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 1997(Autumn), pages 49-64.
- Leinonen, Harry & Soramäki, Kimmo, 1999. "Optimizing liquidity usage and settlement speed in payment systems," Research Discussion Papers 16/1999, Bank of Finland.
- Dirk Schoenmaker, 1992. "Institutional Separation between Supervisory and Monetary Agencies," FMG Special Papers sp52, Financial Markets Group.
- Paul W. Bauer & Diana Hancock, 1995. "Scale economies and technological change in Federal Reserve ACH payment processing," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 14-29.
More about this item
Keywordspayment systems; efficiency; cost; revenues; innovations;
- G - Financial Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-09 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0405004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .