The Impact of News, Oil Prices, and Global Market Developments on Russian Financial Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bernd Hayo & Ali M. Kutan, 2005. "The impact of news, oil prices, and global market developments on Russian financial markets," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 13(2), pages 373-393, April.
- Bernd Hayo & Ali Kutan, 2004. "The Impact of News, Oil Prices, and Global Market Developments on Russian Financial Markets," Finance 0403002, EconWPA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Melvin, Michael & Yin, Xixi, 2000.
"Public Information Arrival, Exchange Rate Volatility, and Quote Frequency,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 644-661, July.
- Michael Melvin & Xixi Yin, "undated". "Public Information Arrival, Exchange Rate Volatility, and Quote Frequency," Working Papers 96/1, Arizona State University, Department of Economics.
- Richard K. Lyons, 2006. "The Microstructure Approach to Exchange Rates," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026262205x, January.
- Rautava, Jouko, 2002. "The role of oil prices and the real exchange rate in Russia's economy," BOFIT Discussion Papers 3/2002, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Hayo, Bernd & Kutan, Ali M., 2005. "IMF-related news and emerging financial markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1126-1142, November.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-1778, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Gilmore, Claire G. & McManus, Ginette M., 2002. "International portfolio diversification: US and Central European equity markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 69-83, March.
- R. Gaston Gelos & Ratna Sahay, 2001.
"Financial market spillovers in transition economies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(1), pages 53-86, March.
- Ratna Sahay & R. G Gelos, 2000. "Financial Market Spillovers in Transition Economies," IMF Working Papers 00/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Clark, Peter K, 1973. "A Subordinated Stochastic Process Model with Finite Variance for Speculative Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 135-155, January.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Tim Bollerslev & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1988. "Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Models with Time-Varying Covariances," Working papers 505, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Tauchen, George E & Pitts, Mark, 1983. "The Price Variability-Volume Relationship on Speculative Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 485-505, March.
- Rockinger, Michael & Urga, Giovanni, 2000. "The Evolution of Stock Markets in Transition Economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 456-472, September.
- Jurgen A. Doornik & Marius Ooms, 2003. "Multimodality in the GARCH Regression Model," Economics Papers 2003-W20, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Torsten M Sloek & Peter F. Christoffersen, 2000. "Do Asset Prices in Transition Countries Contain Information About Future Economic Activity?," IMF Working Papers 00/103, International Monetary Fund.
- Jouko Rautava, 2002. "The role of oil prices and the real exchange rate in Russia‘s economy," Macroeconomics 0209004, EconWPA.
- Engle, Robert F & Lilien, David M & Robins, Russell P, 1987. "Estimating Time Varying Risk Premia in the Term Structure: The Arch-M Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 391-407, March.
- Nelson, Daniel B., 1990. "Stationarity and Persistence in the GARCH(1,1) Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 318-334, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bettina Lis & Christian Neßler & Jan Retzmann, 2012. "Oil and Cars: The Impact of Crude Oil Prices on the Stock Returns of Automotive Companies," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 2(2), pages 190-200.
- Manuel Hoffmann & Matthias Neuenkirch, 2017.
"The pro-Russian conflict and its impact on stock returns in Russia and the Ukraine,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Manuel Hoffmann & Matthias Neuenkirch, 2015. "The Pro-Russian Conflict and its Impact on Stock Returns in Russia and the Ukraine," Research Papers in Economics 2015-01, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Lucey, Brian M. & Voronkova, Svitlana, 2008. "Russian equity market linkages before and after the 1998 crisis: Evidence from stochastic and regime-switching cointegration tests," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1303-1324, December.
- Ghoilpour Hassan Fereidouni, 2011. "The Effect of Energy Prices on Iranian Industry Stock Returns," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 32-51, May.
- repec:mes:emfitr:v:52:y:2016:i:5:p:1210-1225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stanislav Anatolyev & Dmitry Shakin, 2007.
"Trade intensity in the Russian stock market: dynamics, distribution and determinants,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 87-104.
- Stanislav Anatolyev & Dmitry Shakin, 2006. "Trade intensity in the Russian stock market:dynamics, distribution and determinants," Working Papers w0070, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Oberndorfer, Ulrich & Ulbricht, Dirk, 2007.
"Lost in Transmission? Stock Market Impacts of the 2006 European Gas Crisis,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
07-030, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ulrich Oberndorfer & Dirk Ulbricht & Janina Ketterer, 2007. "Lost in Transmission? Stock Market Impacts of the 2006 European Gas Crisis," ifo Working Paper Series 41, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:eee:revfin:v:35:y:2017:i:c:p:57-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anatolyev, Stanislav, 2008. "A 10-year retrospective on the determinants of Russian stock returns," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 56-67, January.
- Mirzosaid Sultonov, 2016. "Dynamic conditional correlation and causality relationship among foreign exchange, stock and commodity markets: Evidence from 2014 Russian financial crisis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 949-962.
- Iikka Korhonen & Anatoly Peresetsky, 2016. "What Influences Stock Market Behavior in Russia and Other Emerging Countries?," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(5), pages 1210-1225, May.
- Korhonen, Iikka & Peresetsky, Anatoly, 2013. "What determines stock market behavior in Russia and other emerging countries?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 4/2013, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Peresetsky, A. A., 2011. "What determines the behavior of the Russian stock market," MPRA Paper 41508, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial market behavior; financial market integration; stock market returns; bonds market returns; news; emerging markets; transition economie;
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2004-05-09 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2004-05-09 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2004-05-09 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:2004-656. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WDI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wdumius.html .