Crop choice and infrastructure accessibility in Tanzania : subsistence crops or export crops ?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Dillon, 2011.
"Do Differences in the Scale of Irrigation Projects Generate Different Impacts on Poverty and Production?,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 474-492, June.
- Dillon, Andrew, 2010. "Do differences in the scale of irrigation projects generate different impacts on poverty and production?," IFPRI discussion papers 1022, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kiiza, Barnabas & Pederson, Glenn, 2012. "ICT-based market information and adoption of agricultural seed technologies: Insights from Uganda," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 253-259.
- Taryn Dinkelman, 2011.
"The Effects of Rural Electrification on Employment: New Evidence from South Africa,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(7), pages 3078-3108, December.
- Taryn Dinkelman, 2010. "The Effects of Rural Electrification on Employment: New Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 1255, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Ken Gwilliam, 2011. "Africa's Transport Infrastructure : Mainstreaming Maintenance and Management," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2275, June.
- Zhiying Xu & Zhengfei Guan & T.S. Jayne & Roy Black, 2009.
"Factors influencing the profitability of fertilizer use on maize in Zambia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(4), pages 437-446, July.
- Xu, Z. & Guan, Zhengfei & Jayne, Thomas S. & Black, J. Roy, 2009. "Factors Influencing the Profitability of Fertilizer Use on Maize in Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 54639, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Xu, Zhiying & Guan, Zhengfei & Jayne, Thomas S. & Black, J. Roy, 2009. "Factors Influencing the Profitability of Fertilizer Use on Maize in Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 54500, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Stephan Klasen & Jan Priebe & Robert Rudolf, 2013.
"Cash crop choice and income dynamics in rural areas: evidence for post-crisis Indonesia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(3), pages 349-364, May.
- Stephan Klasen & Jan Priebe & Robert Rudolf, 2010. "Cash Crop Choice and Income Dynamics in Rural Areas: Evidence for Post-Crisis Indonesia," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 33, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Giacomo Zanello, 2012. "Mobile Phones and Radios: Effects on Transactions Costs and Market Participation for Households in Northern Ghana," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 694-714, September.
- Frank Place & S. E. Migot-Adholla, 1998.
"The Economic Effects of Land Registration on Smallholder Farms in Kenya: Evidence from Nyeri and Kakamega Districts,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(3), pages 360-373.
- Frank Place & S. E. Migot-Adholla, 1997. "The Economic Effects of Land Registration on Smallholder Farms in Kenya: Evidence from Nyeri and Kakamega Districts," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(3), pages 360-373.
- Shahidur R. Khandker & Zaid Bakht & Gayatri B. Koolwal, 2009.
"The Poverty Impact of Rural Roads: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(4), pages 685-722, July.
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Bakht, Zaid & Koolwal, Gayatri B., 2006. "The poverty impact of rural roads : evidencefrom Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3875, The World Bank.
- Georgina Moreno & David L. Sunding, 2005. "Joint Estimation of Technology Adoption and Land Allocation with Implications for the Design of Conservation Policy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 1009-1019.
- Svetlana Edmeades & Daniel J. Phaneuf & Melinda Smale & Mitch Renkow, 2008. "Modelling the Crop Variety Demand of Semi-Subsistence Households: Bananas in Uganda," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 329-349, June.
- Vivien Procher, 2011. "Agglomeration effects and the location of FDI: evidence from French first-time movers," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 46(2), pages 295-312, April.
- Claudio Bravo-Ortega & Daniel Lederman, 2004. "Agricultural productivity and its determinants: revisiting international experiences," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 31(2 Year 20), pages 133-163, December.
- Marc F. Bellemare, 2013. "The Productivity Impacts of Formal and Informal Land Rights: Evidence from Madagascar," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(2), pages 272-290.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joglekar, Alison B. & Pardey, Philip G., 2016. "Proximity to African Agricultural Markets, Down to the Last Kilometer," Briefs 253951, HarvestChoice.
More about this item
KeywordsTransport Economics Policy&Planning; Climate Change and Agriculture; Regional Economic Development; Agriculture and Farming Systems; Crops and Crop Management Systems;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2015-06-20 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2015-06-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2015-06-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-TRE-2015-06-20 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:7306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.