Cash transfers in an epidemic context : the interaction of formal and informal support in rural Malawi
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierre Dubois & Bruno Jullien & Thierry Magnac, 2008.
"Formal and Informal Risk Sharing in LDCs: Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
Econometric Society, vol. 76(4), pages 679-725, July.
- Dubois, Pierre & Jullien, Bruno & Magnac, Thierry, 2005. "Formal and Informal Risk Sharing in LDCs: Theory and Empirical Evidence," IDEI Working Papers 351, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Dec 2007.
- Pierre Dubois & Bruno Jullien & Thierry Magnac, 2008. "Formal and Informal Risk Sharing in LDCs: Theory and Empirical Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 2184, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dubois, Pierre & Jullien, Bruno & Magnac, Thierry, 2007. "Formal and Informal Risk Sharing in LDCs: Theory and Empirical Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 2842, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dubois, Pierre & Jullien, Bruno & Magnac, Thierry, 2007. "Formal and Informal Risk Sharing in LDCs: Theory and Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 6060, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dubois, P. & Jullien, B. & Magnac, T., 2006. "Formal and informal risk sharing in LDCs : theory and empirical evidence," Economics Working Paper Archive (Toulouse) 200608, French Institute for Agronomy Research (INRA), Economics Laboratory in Toulouse (ESR Toulouse).
- Dubois, Pierre & Jullien, Bruno & Magnac, Thierry, 2008. "Formal and Informal Risk Sharing in LDCs: Theory and Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 6661, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000.
"In Sickness and in Health: Risk Sharing within Households in Rural Ethiopia,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 688-727, August.
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1997. "In sickness and in health ... risk-sharing within households in rural Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 1997-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Ethan Ligon & Jonathan P. Thomas & Tim Worrall, 1997. "Informal Insurance Arrangements in Village Economies," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 97/08, Department of Economics, Keele University, revised Oct 2000.
- Christopher Udry, 1994. "Risk and Insurance in a Rural Credit Market: An Empirical Investigation in Northern Nigeria," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(3), pages 495-526.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2003. "Risk Sharing and Public Transfers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 86-94, March.
- Pedro Albarran & Orazio P. Attanasio, 2003. "Limited Commitment and Crowding out of Private Transfers: Evidence from a Randomised Experiment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 77-85, March.
- Jonathan Thomas & Tim Worrall, 1988. "Self-Enforcing Wage Contracts," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(4), pages 541-554.
- Cox, Donald & Eser, Zekeriya & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1998.
"Motives for private transfers over the life cycle: An analytical framework and evidence for Peru,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 57-80, February.
- Donald Cox & Zekeriya Eser & Emmanuel Jimenez, 1996. "Motives for Private Transfers over the Life Cycle: An Analytical Framework and Evidence for Peru," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 327., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Grimard, Franque, 1997. "Household consumption smoothing through ethnic ties: evidence from Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 391-422, August.
- Albarran, Pedro & Attanasio, Orazio P., 2002. "Do Public Transfers Crowd Out Private Transfers? Evidence from a Randomized Experiment in Mexico," WIDER Working Paper Series 006, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Suneetha Kadiyala & Stuart Gillespie, 2006. "Community-level Impacts of AIDS-Related Mortality: Panel Survey Evidence from Zambia ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(3), pages 440-457.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:82-99 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSafety Nets and Transfers; Rural Poverty Reduction; Labor Policies; Services&Transfers to Poor; Debt Markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-10-15 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-10-15 (Development)
- NEP-MFD-2011-10-15 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5824. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.