Firms operating under infrastructure and credit constraints in developing countries : the case of power generators
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Foster, Vivien & Steinbuks, Jevgenijs, 2009. "Paying the price for unreliable power supplies : in-house generation of electricity by firms in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4913, The World Bank.
- Taryn Dinkelman, 2011. "The Effects of Rural Electrification on Employment: New Evidence from South Africa," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(7), pages 3078-3108, December.
- Kyu Sik Lee & Anas, Alex & Gi-Taik Oh, 1996. "Costs of infrastructure deficiencies in manufacturing in Indonesia, Nigeria, and Thailand," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1604, The World Bank.
- Bartelsman, Eric & Haltiwanger, John C. & Scarpetta, Stefano, 2004.
"Microeconomic Evidence of Creative Destruction in Industrial and Developing Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1374, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eric J. Bartelsman & John Haltiwanger & Stefano Scarpetta, 2004. "Microeconomic Evidence of Creative Destruction in Industrial and Developing Countries," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-114/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bartelsman, Eric & Haltiwanger, John & Scarpetta1, Stefano, 2004. "Microeconomic evidence of creative destruction in industrial and developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3464, The World Bank.
- Barham, Tania & Lipscomb, Molly & Mobarak, Ahmed Mushfiq, 2011.
"Development Effects of Electrification: Evidence from the Geologic Placement of Hydropower Plants in Brazil,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8427, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lipscomb, Molly & Mobarak Mushfiq, Ahmed & Bahram, Tania, 2011. "Development effects of electrification: evidence from the geologic placement of hydropower plants in Brazil," Research Department working papers 218, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob, 2002. "Coping with poor public capital," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 51-69, October.
- Straub, Stéphane, 2005. "Informal sector: The credit market channel," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 299-321, December.
- Dollar, David & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Mengistae, Taye, 2005. "Investment Climate and Firm Performance in Developing Economies," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-31, October.
- Jean-Jacques Dethier & Maximilian Hirn & Stéphane Straub, 2011.
"Explaining Enterprise Performance in Developing Countries with Business Climate Survey Data,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 26(2), pages 258-309, August.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Hirn, Maximilian & Straub, Stephane, 2008. "Explaining Enterprise Performance in Developing Countries with Business Climate Survey Data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4792, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alby, Philippe & Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Straub, Stéphane, 2011.
"Let there be Light! Firms Operating under Electricity Constraints in Developing Countries,"
IDEI Working Papers
686, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Alby, Philippe & Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Straub, Stéphane, 2011. "Let there be Light! Firms Operating under Electricity Constraints in Developing Countries," TSE Working Papers 11-255, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Ghosh, Ranjan & Kathuria, Vinish, 2014. "The transaction costs driving captive power generation: Evidence from India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 179-188.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy Production and Transportation; Microfinance; Climate Change Mitigation and Green House Gases; Private Participation in Infrastructure; Access to Finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5497. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .