Banking sector stability, efficiency, and outreach in Kenya
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria & Ashoka Mody, 2004.
"How foreign participation and market concentration impact bank spreads: evidence from Latin America,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 511-542.
- Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Mody, Ashoka, 2004. "How Foreign Participation and Market Concentration Impact Bank Spreads: Evidence from Latin America," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 511-537, June.
- Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Mody, Ashoka, 2004. "How foreign participation and market concentration impact bank spreads : evidence from Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3210, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Singer, D.E.M., 2013. "The role of institutions in international finance," Other publications TiSEM 28cd8e4c-3d06-499a-b37b-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jacob Oduor & Moses Muse Sichei & Samuel Kiplangat Tiriongo & Chris Shimba, 2014. "Working Paper 202 - Segmentation and efficiency of the interbank market and their implication for the conduct of monetary policy," Working Paper Series 2106, African Development Bank.
- Martin Brown & Benjamin Guin & Karolin Kirschenmann, 2016. "Microfinance Banks and Financial Inclusion," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 20(3), pages 907-946.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Singer, Dorothe, 2013.
"Is Small Beautiful? Financial Structure, Size and Access to Finance,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 19-33.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Singer, Dorothe, 2011. "Is small beautiful ? financial structure, size and access to finance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5806, The World Bank.
- Beck, Thorsten & Brown, Martin, 2011. "Use of Banking Services in Emerging Markets--Household-Level Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 8475, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena & Cull, Robert & Qian, Jun & Senbet, Lemma & Valenzuela, Patricio, 2013.
"Improving access to banking : evidence from Kenya,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6593, The World Bank.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena & Cull, Robert & Qian, Jun & Senbet, Lemma W & Valenzuela, Patricio, 2014. "Improving Access to Banking: Evidence from Kenya," CEPR Discussion Papers 9840, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Franklin Allen & Elena Carletti & Robert Cull & Jun “Qj” Qian & Lemma Senbet & Patricio Valenzuela, 2013. "Improving Access to Banking: Evidence from Kenya," Documentos de Trabajo 298, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Florian LEON, 2015.
"What do we know about the role of bank competition in Africa?,"
- Florian Leon, 2015. "What do we know about the role of bank competition in Africa?," Working Papers halshs-01164864, HAL.
- Kangni R Kpodar & Mihasonirina Andrianaivo, 2011. "ICT, Financial Inclusion, and Growth; Evidence from African Countries," IMF Working Papers 11/73, International Monetary Fund.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Brown, M., 2011. "Use of Banking Services in Emerging Markets -Household-Level Evidence (Replaces CentER DP 2010-092)," Discussion Paper 2011-089, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Beck, Thorsten & Brown, Martin, 2015. "Foreign bank ownership and household credit," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 466-486.
- Kodongo, Odongo & Natto, Dinah & Biekpe, Nicholas, 2015. "Explaining cross-border bank expansion in East Africa," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 71-84.
- Beck, Thorsten & Brown, Martin, 2011.
"Which households use banks? Evidence from the transition economies,"
Working Paper Series
1295, European Central Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Martin Brown, 2011. "Which Households Use Banks? Evidence from the Transition Economies," Working Papers 2011-01, Swiss National Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Martin Brown, 2011. "Which Households Use Banks? Evidence from the Transition Economies," BCL working papers 50, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Brown, Martin & Guin, Benjamin & Kirschenmann, Karolin, 2013. "Microfinance Banks and Household Access to Finance," Working Papers on Finance 1302, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Fanta Ashenafi Beyene & Makina Daniel, 2016. "The Finance Growth Link: Comparative Analysis of Two Eastern African Countries," Comparative Economic Research, Sciendo, vol. 19(3), pages 147-167, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks&Banking Reform; Access to Finance; Debt Markets; Emerging Markets; Bankruptcy and Resolution of Financial Distress;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-10-16 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-10-16 (Banking)
- NEP-MFD-2010-10-16 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5442. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .