Delivering service indicators in education and health in Africa : a proposal
The Delivering Service Indicators seek to provide a set of indices for benchmarking service delivery performance in education and health in Africa in order to track progress in and across countries over time. It seeks to enhance effective and active monitoring of service delivery systems and to become an instrument of public accountability and good governance in Africa. The main perspective adopted by the Delivering Service Indicators index is one of citizens accessing services and facing potential shortcomings in those services available to them. The index is thus presented as a Service Delivery Report Card on education and health. However, unlike traditional citizen report cards, it assembles objective information from micro level surveys of service delivery units.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: http://www.worldbank.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Esther Duflo, 2000.
"Schooling and Labor Market Consequences of School Construction in Indonesia: Evidence from an Unusual Policy Experiment,"
NBER Working Papers
7860, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esther Duflo, 2001. "Schooling and Labor Market Consequences of School Construction in Indonesia: Evidence from an Unusual Policy Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 795-813, September.
- Mæstad, Ottar & Torsvik, Gaute & Aakvik, Arild, 2009.
"Overworked? The relationship between workload and health worker performance in rural Tanzania,"
Working Papers in Economics
02/09, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Ottar Mæstad & Gaute Torsvik & Arild Aakvik, 2009. "Overworked? The relationship between workload and health worker performance in rural Tanzania," CMI Working Papers 2, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Benjamin A. Olken, 2006.
"Corruption Perceptions vs. Corruption Reality,"
NBER Working Papers
12428, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koen DECANCQ & María Ana LUGO, 2010.
"Weights in multidimensional indices of well-being: an overview,"
Working Papers Department of Economics
ces10.06, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Koen Decancq & María Ana Lugo, 2013. "Weights in Multidimensional Indices of Wellbeing: An Overview," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 7-34, January.
- DECANCQ, Koen & LUGO, Maria Ana, "undated". "Weights in multidimensional indices of wellbeing: an overview," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2493, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- World Bank & International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Global Monitoring Report 2008 : MDGs and the Environment, Agenda for Inclusive and Sustainable Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6518.
- Kenneth Leonard & Melkiory Masatu, 2007.
"Moving from the lab to the field: Exploring scrutiny and duration effects in lab experiments,"
Natural Field Experiments
00293, The Field Experiments Website.
- Leonard, Kenneth L. & Masatu, Melkiory C., 2008. "Moving from the lab to the field: Exploring scrutiny and duration effects in lab experiments," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 284-287, August.
- Bernard Gauthier & Waly Wane, 2008.
"Leakage of Public Resources in the Health Sector: An Empirical Investigation of Chad,"
2_2008, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Gauthier, Bernard & Wane, Waly, 2007. "Leakage of public resources in the health sector : an empirical investigation of Chad," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4351, The World Bank.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart, 2007.
"Governance indicators : where are we, where should we be going ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4370, The World Bank.
- Daniel Kaufmann & Aart Kraay, 2008. "Governance Indicators: Where Are We, Where Should We Be Going?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 23(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart, 2008. "Governance Indicators: Where Are We, Where Should We Be Going?," MPRA Paper 8212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nazmul Chaudhury & Jeffrey Hammer & Michael Kremer & Karthik Muralidharan & F. Halsey Rogers, 2006. "Missing in Action: Teacher and Health Worker Absence in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 91-116, Winter.
- Jessica Cohen & Pascaline Dupas, 2008. "Free Distribution or Cost-Sharing? Evidence from a Malaria Prevention Experiment," NBER Working Papers 14406, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant, 1999. "The impact of public spending on health: does money matter?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(10), pages 1309-1323, November.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey, 2004. "Which doctor? Combining vignettes and item response to measure doctor quality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3301, The World Bank.
- Anne Case & Angus Deaton, 1999. "School Inputs and Educational Outcomes in South Africa," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 1047-1084.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.