Price structure and network externalities in the telecommunications industry : evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Benitez, Daniel A. & Estache, Antonio & Kennet, D. Mark & Ruzzier, Christian A., 2002.
"The potential role of economic cost models in the regulation of telecommunications in developing countries,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 21-38, March.
- Benitez, Daniel A. & Estache, Antonio & Kennet, D. Mark & Ruzzier, Christian A., 2000. "Potential Role of Economic Cost Models in the Regulation of Telecommunications in Developing Countries," UADE Working Papers 10_2000, Instituto de Economía, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa.
- Antonio Estache & D. Benitez & M. Kennet & Christian Ruzzier, 2002. "The Potential Role of Economic Cost Models in the Regulation of Telecommunications in Developing Countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43987, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lars-Hendrik Roller & Leonard Waverman, 2001.
"Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 909-923, September.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Leonard Waverman, 1996. "Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," CIG Working Papers FS IV 96-16, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Röller, Lars-Hendrik & Waverman, Leonard, 2000. "Telecommunications Infrastructure And Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 2399, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Okada, Yosuke & Hatta, Keiko, 1999. "The Interdependent Telecommunications Demand and Efficient Price Structure," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 311-335, December.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1203-1250.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Wallsten, Scott, 2002. "Does sequencing matter? regulation and privatization in telecommunications reforms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2817, The World Bank.
- Economides, N. & Lopomo, G. & Woroch, G., 1996. "Regulatory Rules to Neutralize Network Dominance," Working Papers 96-14, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Nevo, Aviv, 2001.
"Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 307-342, March.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-To-Eat Cereal Industry," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 037, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Aviv Nevo, 2003. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," Microeconomics 0303006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1999. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt7cm5p858, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-To-Eat Cereal Industry," Research Reports 25164, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Aviv Nevo, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," NBER Working Papers 6387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- César Calderón & Luis Servén, 2004.
"The Effects of Infrastructure Development on Growth and Income Distribution,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
270, Central Bank of Chile.
- Calderon, Cesar & Serven, Luis, 2004. "The effects of infrastructure development on growth and income distribution," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3400, The World Bank.
- César Calderón & Luis Servén, 2005. "The Effects of Infrastructure Development on Growth and Income Distribution," DEGIT Conference Papers c010_056, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Aviv Nevo, 2000. "A Practitioner's Guide to Estimation of Random-Coefficients Logit Models of Demand," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 513-548, December.
- Nakil Sung & Yong-Hun Lee, 2002. "Substitution between Mobile and Fixed Telephones in Korea," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(4), pages 367-374, June.
- Farrell, Joseph & Saloner, Garth, 1986. "Standardization and variety," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-74.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 1997. "Competition between telecommunications operators," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 701-711, April.
- Fu, W. Wayne, 2004. "Termination-discriminatory pricing, subscriber bandwagons, and network traffic patterns: the Taiwanese mobile phone market," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 5-22, February.
- Rodini, Mark & Ward, Michael R. & Woroch, Glenn A., 0. "Going mobile: substitutability between fixed and mobile access," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5-6), pages 457-476, June.
- Steven T. Berry, 1994. "Estimating Discrete-Choice Models of Product Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 242-262, Summer.
- Ahn, Hyungtaik & Lee, Myeong-Ho, 1999. "An econometric analysis of the demand for access to mobile telephone networks," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 297-305, September.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
- Eisner, James & Waldon, Tracy, 2001. "The demand for bandwidth: second telephone lines and on-line services," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 301-309, September.
- Economides, Nicholas & Lopomo, Giuseppe & Woroch, Glenn, 1996. "Regulatory Pricing Rules to Neutralize Network Dominance," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 1013-1028.
- Hallam, Arne, 1999. "Industrial Organization: Contemporary Theory and Practice (Instructor's Manual--Text by L. Pepall, D. J. Richards, and G. Norman)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5310, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Duffy-Deno, Kevin T., 2001. "Demand for additional telephone lines: an empirical note," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 283-299, September.
- Trajtenberg, Manuel, 1989. "The Welfare Analysis of Product Innovations, with an Application to Computed Tomography Scanners," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(2), pages 444-479, April.
- Esfahani, Hadi Salehi & Ramirez, Maria Teresa, 2003. "Institutions, infrastructure, and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 443-477, April.
- Bloom, David E & Canning, David & Sevilla, Jaypee, 2003. "Geography and Poverty Traps," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 355-378, December.
- Wallsten, Scott J, 2001. "An Econometric Analysis of Telecom Competition, Privatization, and Regulation in Africa and Latin America," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D & Warner, Andrew M, 1997. "Sources of Slow Growth in African Economies," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(3), pages 335-376, October.
- Haggarty, Luke & Shirley, Mary M. & Wallsten, Scott, 2003. "Telecommunication reform in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2983, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schoentgen, Aude & Gille, Laurent, 2017. "Valuation of telecom investments in sub-Saharan Africa," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 537-554.
More about this item
KeywordsMarkets and Market Access; Economic Theory&Research; Access to Markets; Rural Communications; Infrastructure Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-04-28 (Africa)
- NEP-COM-2007-04-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-DEV-2007-04-28 (Development)
- NEP-MIC-2007-04-28 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2007-04-28 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.