Price structure and network externalities in the telecommunications industry : evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Benitez, Daniel A. & Estache, Antonio & Kennet, D. Mark & Ruzzier, Christian A., 2002.
"The potential role of economic cost models in the regulation of telecommunications in developing countries,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 21-38, March.
- Antonio Estache & D. Benitez & M. Kennet & Christian Ruzzier, 2002. "The Potential Role of Economic Cost Models in the Regulation of Telecommunications in Developing Countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43987, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lars-Hendrik Roller & Leonard Waverman, 2001.
"Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 909-923, September.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Leonard Waverman, 1996. "Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," CIG Working Papers FS IV 96-16, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Röller, Lars-Hendrik & Waverman, Leonard, 2000. "Telecommunications Infrastructure And Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 2399, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Okada, Yosuke & Hatta, Keiko, 1999. "The Interdependent Telecommunications Demand and Efficient Price Structure," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 311-335, December.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1203-1250.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Wallsten, Scott, 2002. "Does sequencing matter? regulation and privatization in telecommunications reforms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2817, The World Bank.
- Economides, N. & Lopomo, G. & Woroch, G., 1996. "Regulatory Rules to Neutralize Network Dominance," Working Papers 96-14, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Nevo, Aviv, 2001.
"Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 307-342, March.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-To-Eat Cereal Industry," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 037, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Aviv Nevo, 2003. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," Microeconomics 0303006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1999. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt7cm5p858, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-To-Eat Cereal Industry," Research Reports 25164, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Aviv Nevo, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," NBER Working Papers 6387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- César Calderón & Luis Servén, 2004.
"The Effects of Infrastructure Development on Growth and Income Distribution,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
270, Central Bank of Chile.
- Calderon, Cesar & Serven, Luis, 2004. "The effects of infrastructure development on growth and income distribution," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3400, The World Bank.
- César Calderón & Luis Servén, 2005. "The Effects of Infrastructure Development on Growth and Income Distribution," DEGIT Conference Papers c010_056, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Aviv Nevo, 2000. "A Practitioner's Guide to Estimation of Random-Coefficients Logit Models of Demand," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 513-548, December.
- Nakil Sung & Yong-Hun Lee, 2002. "Substitution between Mobile and Fixed Telephones in Korea," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(4), pages 367-374, June.
- Farrell, Joseph & Saloner, Garth, 1986. "Standardization and variety," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-74.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 1997. "Competition between telecommunications operators," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 701-711, April.
- Fu, W. Wayne, 2004. "Termination-discriminatory pricing, subscriber bandwagons, and network traffic patterns: the Taiwanese mobile phone market," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 5-22, February.
- Rodini, Mark & Ward, Michael R. & Woroch, Glenn A., 0. "Going mobile: substitutability between fixed and mobile access," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5-6), pages 457-476, June.
- Steven T. Berry, 1994. "Estimating Discrete-Choice Models of Product Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 242-262, Summer.
- Ahn, Hyungtaik & Lee, Myeong-Ho, 1999. "An econometric analysis of the demand for access to mobile telephone networks," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 297-305, September.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
- Eisner, James & Waldon, Tracy, 2001. "The demand for bandwidth: second telephone lines and on-line services," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 301-309, September.
- Economides, Nicholas & Lopomo, Giuseppe & Woroch, Glenn, 1996. "Regulatory Pricing Rules to Neutralize Network Dominance," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 1013-1028.
- Hallam, Arne, 1999. "Industrial Organization: Contemporary Theory and Practice (Instructor's Manual--Text by L. Pepall, D. J. Richards, and G. Norman)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5310, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Duffy-Deno, Kevin T., 2001. "Demand for additional telephone lines: an empirical note," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 283-299, September.
- Trajtenberg, Manuel, 1989. "The Welfare Analysis of Product Innovations, with an Application to Computed Tomography Scanners," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(2), pages 444-479, April.
- Esfahani, Hadi Salehi & Ramirez, Maria Teresa, 2003. "Institutions, infrastructure, and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 443-477, April.
- Bloom, David E & Canning, David & Sevilla, Jaypee, 2003. "Geography and Poverty Traps," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 355-378, December.
- Wallsten, Scott J, 2001. "An Econometric Analysis of Telecom Competition, Privatization, and Regulation in Africa and Latin America," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D & Warner, Andrew M, 1997. "Sources of Slow Growth in African Economies," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(3), pages 335-376, October.
- Haggarty, Luke & Shirley, Mary M. & Wallsten, Scott, 2003. "Telecommunication reform in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2983, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsMarkets and Market Access; Economic Theory&Research; Access to Markets; Rural Communications; Infrastructure Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-04-28 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-04-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-DEV-2007-04-28 (Development)
- NEP-MIC-2007-04-28 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2007-04-28 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .