Quantifying the rural-urban gradient in Latin America and the Caribbean
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chomitz, Kenneth M & Gray, David A, 1996. "Roads, Land Use, and Deforestation: A Spatial Model Applied to Belize," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(3), pages 487-512, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nga Thi Viet Nguyen & Felipe F. Dizon, . "The Geography of Welfare in Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, and Togo," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 27994, September.
- Gustavo Anríquez & Kostas Stamoulis, 2007. "Rural Development and Poverty Reduction; Is Agriculture Still the Key?," Working Papers 07-02, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Fernando Carriazo & MÃ³nica Juliana Reyes, 2012.
"Territorios funcionales: un anÃ¡lisis del gradiente rural-urbano para Colombia,"
010016, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Carriazo, Fernando & Reyes, Monica Juliana, 2012. "Territorios funcionales: un análisis del gradiente rural-urbano para Colombia," Documentos CEDE Series 146467, Universidad de Los Andes, Economics Department.
- Cockx, Lara & Colen, Liesbeth & De Weerdt, Joachim, 2018. "From corn to popcorn? Urbanization and dietary change: Evidence from rural-urban migrants in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 140-159.
- -, 2012. "Population, territory and sustainable development," Libros y Documentos Institucionales, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 22426 edited by Eclac.
- AndrÃ©s Felipe CASTRO & Natalie GOMEZ ARTEAGA & Guillermo LLINÁS & Diego Andrés MORA, 2015. "DefiniciÃ³n de CategorÃas de Ruralidad," Archivos de EconomÃa 013652, Departamento Nacional de PlaneaciÃ³n.
- Uchida, Hirotsugu & Nelson, Andrew, 2010. "Agglomeration Index Towards a New Measure of Urban Concentration," WIDER Working Paper Series 029, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Rimisp, 2008. "Investigación Aplicada de Dinámicas Territoriales Rurales en América Latina: Marco Metodológico. Versión 2," Working papers 002, Rimisp Latin American Center for Rural Development.
- Gustavo Anríquez & Kostas Stamoulis, 2007. "Rural development and poverty reduction: is agriculture still the key?," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 4(1), pages 5-46.
- Adamowicz, Mieczysław, 2011. "Ekonomiczne Skutki Koncentracji Ludności I Działalności Gospodarczej W Różnych Skalach Geograficznych," Village and Agriculture (Wieś i Rolnictwo), Polish Academy of Sciences (IRWiR PAN), Institute of Rural and Agricultural Development, vol. 4(153).
- Berdegué, J. & Jara, E. & Modrego, F. & Sanclemente, X. & Schejtman, A., 2010. "Comunas Rurales de Chile," Working papers 060, Rimisp Latin American Center for Rural Development.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Patarasuk, Risa, 2013. "Road network connectivity and land-cover dynamics in Lop Buri province, Thailand," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 111-123.
- Blackman, Allen, 2013. "Evaluating forest conservation policies in developing countries using remote sensing data: An introduction and practical guide," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-16.
- Sims, Katharine R.E., 2010. "Conservation and development: Evidence from Thai protected areas," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 94-114, September.
- O. Borodina, S. Kyryziuk, V. Yarovyi, Yu. Ermoliev, T. Ermolieva, 2016. "Modeling local land uses under the global climate change," Economy and Forecasting, Valeriy Heyets, issue 1, pages 117-128.
- Kere, Eric Nazindigouba & Choumert, Johanna & Combes Motel, Pascale & Combes, Jean Louis & Santoni, Olivier & Schwartz, Sonia, 2017.
"Addressing Contextual and Location Biases in the Assessment of Protected Areas Effectiveness on Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazônia,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 148-158.
- Eric Nazindigouba Kere & Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes Motel & Jean-Louis Combes & Olivier Santoni & Sonia Schwartz, 2016. "Addressing Contextual and Location Biases in the Assessment of Protected Areas Effectiveness on Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazônia," Working Papers halshs-01256600, HAL.
- Eric Nazindigouba Kere & Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes Motel & Jean-Louis Combes & Olivier Santoni & Sonia Schwartz, 2017. "Addressing Contextual and Location Biases in the Assessment of Protected Areas Effectiveness on Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazônia," Post-Print halshs-01479031, HAL.
- Eric Nazindigouba KERE & Johanna CHOUMERT & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Jean-Louis COMBES & OLIVIER SANTONI & Sonia SCHWARTZ, 2016. "Addressing Contextual and Location Biases in the Assessment of Protected Areas Effectiveness on Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazônia," Working Papers 201602, CERDI.
- Chomitz, Kenneth M. & Thomas, Timothy S., 2001. "Geographic patterns of land use and land intensity in the Brazilian Amazon," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2687, The World Bank.
- Suzi Kerr & Joanna Hendy & Shuguang Liu & Alexander S. P. Pfaff, 2004.
"Tropical Forest Protection, Uncertainty, and the Environmental Integrity of Carbon Mitigation Policies,"
04_03, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Suzi Kerr & Joanna Hendy & Shuguang Liu & Alexander S.P. Pfaff, 2004. "Tropical Forest Protection, Uncertainty, and the Environmental Integrity of Carbon Mitigation Policies," Others 0411001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Allen Blackman & Beatriz Ávalos-Sartorio & Jeffrey Chow, 2012. "Land Cover Change in Agroforestry: Shade Coffee in El Salvador," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(1), pages 75-101.
- Chakravarty, Shourish & Villoria, Nelson B., 2020. "Estimating the spatially heterogeneous elasticities of land supply to U.S. crop agriculture," 2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri 304446, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Azqueta, Diego & Sotelsek, Daniel, 2007. "Valuing nature: From environmental impacts to natural capital," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 22-30, June.
- Doupe, Patrick, 2014. "The costs of error in setting reference rates for reduced deforestation," Working Papers 249497, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Alessandro De Pinto & Gerald C. Nelson, 2007.
"Modelling Deforestation and Land‐Use Change: Sparse Data Environments,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 502-516, September.
- De Pinto, Alessandro & Nelson, Gerald C., 2006. "Modeling Deforestation and Land Use Change: Sparse Data Environments," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25723, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nansikombi, Hellen & Fischer, Richard & Ferrer Velasco, Rubén & Lippe, Melvin & Kalaba, Felix Kanungwe & Kabwe, Gillian & Günter, Sven, 2020. "Can de facto governance influence deforestation drivers in the Zambian Miombo?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C).
- Sonia SCHWARTZ & Jean Galbert ONGONO OLINGA & Eric Nazindigouba KERE & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Jean-Louis COMBES & Johanna CHOUMERT & Ariane Manuela AMIN, 2014.
"A spatial econometric approach to spillover effects between protected areas and deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon,"
- Ariane Manuela Amin & Johanna Choumert & Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel & Eric Nazindigouba Kere & Jean-Galbert Ongono Olinga & Sonia Schwartz, 2015. "A spatial econometric approach to spillover effects between protected areas and deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon," Working Papers halshs-00960476, HAL.
- Nelson, Gerald C. & Geoghegan, Jacqueline, 2002. "Deforestation and land use change: sparse data environments," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 201-216, November.
- Oltmer, K. & Nijkamp, P. & Florax, R. & Brouwer, F., 2009. "Sustainability and Agri-Environmental Policy in the European Union: A Meta-Analytic Investigation," Serie Research Memoranda 0025, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Xie, Yang & Zilberman, David, 2015.
"Water Storage Capacities versus Water Use Efficiency: Substitutes or Complements?,"
2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California
205439, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Xie, Yang & Zilberman, David, 2015. "Water-Storage Capacities versus Water-Use Efficiency: Substitutes or Complements?," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211894, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gellrich, Mario & Baur, Priska & Robinson, Brett Harvey & Bebi, Peter, 2008. "Combining classification tree analyses with interviews to study why sub-alpine grasslands sometimes revert to forest: A case study from the Swiss Alps," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 124-138, March.
- Claudio Ferraz, 2015. "Explaining Agriculture Expansion and Deforestation: Evidence from the Brazilian Amazon – 1980/98," Discussion Papers 0106, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2005. "Frontier Expansion and Economic Development," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(2), pages 286-303, April.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural Research; Demographics; Health Indicators; Health Information&Communications Technologies;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3634. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Roula I. Yazigi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.