Deforestación en México: Un análisis preliminar
[Deforestation in Mexico: A preliminary analysis]
The present working paper includes a literature review of deforestation drivers both at the international level and especific to Mexico as well as a preliminary econometric analysis. The main objective is contibute to the understanding of the dynamics of land use change as well as to the understanding of the causes of deforestation in Mexico. The results provide information about general trends in Mexico and point towards the need for more dissagregated analysis using micro level data.
|Date of creation:||May 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward B. Barbier, 2002. "Institutional Constraints and Deforestation: An Application to Mexico," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(3), pages 508-519, July.
- Benjamin, Dwayne, 1992. "Household Composition, Labor Markets, and Labor Demand: Testing for Separation in Agricultural Household Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 287-322, March.
- Alix-Garcia, Jennifer, 2007. "A spatial analysis of common property deforestation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 141-157, March.
- Zwane, Alix Peterson, 2007. "Does poverty constrain deforestation? Econometric evidence from Peru," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 330-349, September.
- Deininger, Klaus W & Minten, Bart, 1999. "Poverty, Policies, and Deforestation: The Case of Mexico," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 313-344, January.
- Steve Boucher & J. Edward Taylor, 2006.
"Subsistence Response to Market Shocks,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(2), pages 279-291.
- Dyer, George A. & Boucher, Steve & Taylor, J. Edward, 2005. "Subsistence Response to Market Shocks," Working Papers 190906, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Klaus Deininger & Bart Minten, 2002. "Determinants of Deforestation and the Economics of Protection: An Application to Mexico," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 943-960. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39082. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.