Wages and productivity in Mexican manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan Barrett & Philip J. O'Connell, 2001.
"Does Training Generally Work? The Returns to in-Company Training,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(3), pages 647-662, April.
- Barrett, Alan, 1998. "Does Training Generally Work? The Returns to In-Company Training," CEPR Discussion Papers 1879, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barrett, Alan & O'Connell, Philip J., 1999. "Does Training Generally Work? The Returns to In-Company Training," IZA Discussion Papers 51, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rosholm, Michael & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Dabalen, Andrew, 2007. "Evaluation of training in African enterprises," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 310-329, September.
- Dearden, Lorraine & Reed, Howard & Van Reenen, John, 2000.
"Who Gains when Workers Train? Training and Corporate Productivity in a Panel of British Industries,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2486, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John Van Reenen, 2000. "Who gains when workers train? Training and corporate productivity in a panel of British industries," IFS Working Papers W00/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Jacob Mincer, 1989. "Human Capital Responses to Technological Change in the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 3207, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Doms & Timothy Dunne & Kenneth R. Troske, 1997. "Workers, Wages, and Technology," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 253-290.
- Brown, Charles & Medoff, James, 1989. "The Employer Size-Wage Effect," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1027-1059, October.
- Welch, F, 1970. "Education in Production," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 35-59, Jan.-Feb..
- Oosterbeek, Hessel & van Praag, Mirjam, 1995. "Firm-Size Wage Differentials in the Netherlands," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 173-182, June.
- Verner, Dorte, 1999. "Are wages and productivity in Zimbabwe affected by human capital investment and international trade?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2101, The World Bank.
- Bartel, Ann P & Lichtenberg, Frank R, 1987. "The Comparative Advantage of Educated Workers in Implementing New Technology," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Card, David, 2001.
"Estimating the Return to Schooling: Progress on Some Persistent Econometric Problems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(5), pages 1127-1160, September.
- David Card, 2000. "Estimating the Return to Schooling: Progress on Some Persistent Econometric Problems," NBER Working Papers 7769, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda, 1997. "Skill development and integrated manufacturing in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1669-1681, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hugo Ñopo & Miguel Robles & Jaime Saavedra, 2008.
"Occupational training to reduce gender segregation: The impacts of ProJoven,"
Fondo Editorial - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, issue 62, pages 33-54.
- Hugo R. Ñopo & Miguel Robles & Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví, 2007. "Occupational Training to Reduce Gender Segregation: The Impacts of ProJoven," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3331, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Hugo Ñopo & Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & Miguel Robles, 2007. "Occupational Training to Reduce Gender Segregation: The Impacts of ProJoven," Research Department Publications 4553, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Maliranta, Mika & Asplund, Rita, 2007. "Training and Hiring Strategies to Improve Firm Performance," Discussion Papers 1105, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Sebastián Calónico & Hugo R. Ñopo, 2008.
"Gender Segregation in the Workplace and Wage Gaps: Evidence from Urban Mexico 1994-2004,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
1621, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Sebastian Calonico & Hugo Ñopo, 2008. "Gender Segregation in the Workplace and Wage Gaps: Evidence from Urban Mexico 1994-2004," Research Department Publications 4579, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Benoît Mahy & Mélanie Volral, 2008. "The effect of quantitative and qualitative training on labour demand in Belgium: a monopolistic competition approach," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0021, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Sebastian Calonico & Hugo Ñopo, 2008. "Segregación de genero en el trabajo y diferenciales de salario: Evidencia de las zonas urbanas de Mexico 1994-2004," Research Department Publications 4580, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Hong Tan & Lopez-Acevedo, Gladys, 2003. "Mexico : in-firm training for the knowledge economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2957, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty Impact Evaluation; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; Labor Policies; Banks&Banking Reform; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; Banks&Banking Reform; Poverty Impact Evaluation; Municipal Financial Management;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2004-08-16 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2003-06-04 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2964. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .