The restructuring of large firms in Slovakia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Caves, Richard E., 1990. "Lessons from privatization in Britain : State enterprise behavior, public choice, and corporate governance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 145-169, March.
- Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1997. "Trade reorientation and productivity growth in Bulgarian enterprises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1707, The World Bank.
- Blanchard, Olivier, 1996. "Theoretical Aspects of Transition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 117-122, May.
- Aghion, Philippe & Blanchard, Olivier & Burgess, Robin, 1994. "The behaviour of state firms in eastern Europe, pre-privatisation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 1327-1349, June.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D, 1996. "The Transition at Mid Decade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 128-133, May.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Pohl, Gerhard, 1997.
"Ownership and corporate governance : evidence from the Czech Republic,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1737, The World Bank.
- Stijn Claesens & Simeon Djankov & Gerhard Pohl, 1997. "Ownership and Corporate Governance : Evidence from the Czech Republic," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11584, The World Bank.
- Stijn Claessens & Simeon Djankov & Gerhard Pohl, 1997. "Determinants of Performance of Manufacturing Firms in Seven European Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 74, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- E, S & G, A & S, I, 1995. "Shocks and Adjustment by Firms in Transition: A Comparative Study," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 131-153, October.
- Pohl, G. & Djankov, S. & Anderson, R.E., 1996. "Restructuring Large Industrial Firms in Central and Eastern Europe: An Empirical Analysis," Papers 332, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Svejnar, Jan, 1996. "Enterprises and Workers in the Transition: Econometric Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 123-127, May.
- Lubomir Lizal & Miroslav Singer & Jan Svejnar, 1996. "Enterprise Restructuring and Performance in the Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 13, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Wendy Carlin & John Van Reenen & Toby Wolfe, 1995. "Enterprise restructuring in early transition: the case study evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 3(4), pages 427-458, December.
- Brian Pinto & Marek Belka & Stefan Krajewski, 1993. "Transforming State Enterprises in Poland: Evidence on Adjustment by Manufacturing Firms," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 24(1), pages 213-270.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1994. "Politicians and Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 995-1025.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tito Boeri, 1999. "Transition with Labour Supply," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 274, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Debora Revoltella, 2001. "Financing Enterprises in the Czech Republic: Debt and Firm-specific Variables," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 231-246, October.
- Randall K. Filer & Jan Hanousek, 2002.
"Data Watch: Research Data from Transition Economies,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, pages 225-240.
- Randall K. Filer & Jan Hanousek, 2001. "Data Watch: Research Data from Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 416, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Irina Akimova & Gerhard Schwödiauer, 1999. "Restructuring of Ukrainian Enterprises after Privatization: Does Ownership Structure Matter?," Industrial Organization 9903003, EconWPA.
- O'Toole, Conor M. & Morgenroth, Edgar L.W. & Ha, Thuy T., 2016.
"Investment efficiency, state-owned enterprises and privatisation: Evidence from Viet Nam in Transition,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 93-108.
- O'Toole, Conor & Morgenroth, Edgar & Ha, Thi Thu Thuy, 2015. "Investment Efficiency, State-Owned Enterprises and Privatisation: Evidence from Vietnam in Transition," Papers WP498, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Claessens,Constantijn A.*Djankov, Simeon, 1998. "Politicians and firms in seven central and eastern European countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1954, The World Bank.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:14:y:2008:i:2:p:215-227 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morris Bornstein, 2001. "Post-privatisation Enterprise Restructuring," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 189-203.
- Frydman, Roman & Gray, Cheryl W. & Hessel, Marek & Rapaczynski, Andrzej, 1997. "Private ownership and corporate performance : some lessons from transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1830, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks&Banking Reform; Small Scale Enterprise; Microfinance; Small and Medium Size Enterprises; Financial Crisis Management&Restructuring; Banks&Banking Reform; Environmental Economics&Policies; Microfinance; Private Participation in Infrastructure; Small Scale Enterprise;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1758. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.