Bulgaria Health Financing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2006:i:83-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- E. Wetering & E. Stolk & N. Exel & W. Brouwer, 2013. "Balancing equity and efficiency in the Dutch basic benefits package using the principle of proportional shortfall," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(1), pages 107-115, February.
- Francesco Grigoli & Javier Kapsoli, 2018.
"Waste not, want not: The efficiency of health expenditure in emerging and developing economies,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 384-403, February.
- Francesco Grigoli & Javier Kapsoli, 2013. "Waste Not, Want Not; The Efficiency of Health Expenditure in Emerging and Developing Economies," IMF Working Papers 13/187, International Monetary Fund.
- William D. Savedoff & Pablo Gottret, 2008. "Governing Mandatory Health Insurance : Learning from Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6526, November.
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "Bulgaria; Selected Issues Paper," IMF Staff Country Reports 2014/024, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert Gillingham, 2014. "Fiscal Policy for Health Policy Makers," Health, Nutrition and Population (HNP) Discussion Paper Series 87981, The World Bank.
- Badiane, Ousmane & Collins, Julia & Makombe, Tsitsi & Abdelaziz, Fatma & Breisinger, Clemens & Khouri, Nadim & Thurlow, James & Akramov, Kamiljon & Romashkin, Roman & Park, Allen & Ilyasov, Jarilkasin, 2020.
IFPRI book chapters, in: 2020 Global food policy report: Building inclusive food systems, chapter 7, pages 66-87,
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Makombe, Tsitsi & Collins, Julia & Badiane, Ousmane & Breisinger, Clemens & Abdelaziz, Fatma & Khouri, Nadim & Akramov, Kamiljon T. & Park, Allen & Ilyasov, Jarilkasin & Kumar, Anjani & Ahmed, Akhter , 2017. "Regional developments," IFPRI book chapters, in: 2017 Global Food Policy Report, chapter 7, pages 58-83, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Badiane, Ousmane & Makombe, Tsitsi & Collins, Julia & Khouri, Nadim & Breisinger, Clemens & Akramov, Kamiljon T. & Park, Allen & Joshi, Pramod Kumar & Ahmed, Akhter U. & Davies, Stephen & Kumar, Anjan, 2016. "Regional developments," IFPRI book chapters, in: 2016 Global Food Policy Report, chapter 9, pages 80-107, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Makombe, Tsitsi; Collins, Julia; Ulimwengu, John M.; Badiane, Ousmane; Breisinger, Clemens; Abdelaziz, Fatma; Khouri, Nadim; Akramov, Kamiljon T.; Ilyasov, Jarilkasin; Park, Allen; Kumar, Anjani; Ahme, 2018. "Regional developments," IFPRI book chapters, in: 2018 Global food policy report, chapter 9, pages 72-97, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2006:i:83-84:p:10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yip, Winnie & Hsiao, William C., 2009. "Non-evidence-based policy: How effective is China's new cooperative medical scheme in reducing medical impoverishment?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 201-209, January.
- Daniel Cotlear & Somil Nagpal & Owen Smith & Ajay Tandon & Rafael Cortez, 2015. "Going Universal," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22011, November.
- Sofia Dimakou & David Parkin & Nancy Devlin & John Appleby, 2009. "Identifying the impact of government targets on waiting times in the NHS," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Onder, Harun & Pestieau, Pierre & Ley, Eduardo, 2014. "Macroeconomic and fiscal implications of population aging in Bulgaria," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6774, The World Bank.
- Friedrich Schneider & Andreas Buehn & Claudio Montenegro, 2010. "New Estimates for the Shadow Economies all over the World," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 443-461.
- Pablo Gottret & George Schieber, 2006. "Health Financing Revisited : A Practitioner's Guide," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7094, November.
- Carone, Giuseppe & Schwierz, Christoph & Xavier, Ana, 2012.
"Cost-containment policies in public pharmaceutical spending in the EU,"
42008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giuseppe Carone & Christoph Schwierz & Ana Xavier, 2012. "Cost-containment policies in public pharmaceutical spending in the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 461, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Hadorn, David C., 1991. "The role of public values in setting health care priorities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 773-781, January.
- Greg Brunner & Pablo Gottret & Birgit Hansl & Vijayasekar Kalavakonda & Somil Nagpal & Nicole Tapay, 2012. "Private Voluntary Health Insurance : Consumer Protection and Prudential Regulation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13093, November.
- Hong Wang & Kimberly Switlick & Christine Ortiz & Beatriz Zurita & Catherine Connor, 2012. "Health Insurance Handbook : How to Make It Work," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 5913, November.
- Ajay Tandon & Lisa Fleisher & Rong Li & Wei Aun Yap, 2014. "Reprioritizing Government Spending on Health: Pushing an Elephant Up the Stairs?," Health, Nutrition and Population (HNP) Discussion Paper Series 85773, The World Bank.
- Roberto Astolfi & Luca Lorenzoni & Jillian Oderkirk, 2012. "A Comparative Analysis of Health Forecasting Methods," OECD Health Working Papers 59, OECD Publishing.
- Denzil Fiebig & Elizabeth Savage & Rosalie Viney, 2006. "Does the reason for buying health insurance influence behaviour? CHERE Working Paper 2006/1," Working Papers 2006/1, CHERE, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Dirk V Muir & Anke Weber, 2013. "Fiscal Multipliers in Bulgaria; Low But Still Relevant," IMF Working Papers 13/49, International Monetary Fund.
- Shin, Jaeun, 2012. "Private health insurance in South Korea: An international comparison," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 76-85.
- Jeon, Boyoung & Kwon, Soonman, 2013. "Effect of private health insurance on health care utilization in a universal public insurance system: A case of South Korea," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 69-76.
- Francesca Colombo & Nicole Tapay, 2004. "Private Health Insurance in OECD Countries: The Benefits and Costs for Individuals and Health Systems," OECD Health Working Papers 15, OECD Publishing.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ko, Hansoo, 2020. "Moral hazard effects of supplemental private health insurance in Korea," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 265(C).
- Daxin Sun & Haksoon Ahn & Tomas Lievens & Wu Zeng, 2017. "Evaluation of the performance of national health systems in 2004-2011: An analysis of 173 countries," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(3), pages 1-13, March.
- George Schieber & Cheryl Cashin & Karima Saleh & Rouselle Lavado, 2012. "Health Financing in Ghana," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11977, November.
- Ajay Tandon & Lisa Fleisher & Rong Li & Wei Aun Yap, 2015. "Reprioritizing Government Spending on Health: Pushing an Elephant up the Stairs?," Working Papers id:7050, eSocialSciences.
- Catalina Granda Carvajal, 2015.
"Informality and macroeconomic volatility: do credit constraints matter?,"
Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 42(6), pages 1095-1111, November.
- Catalina Granda Carvajal, 2015. "Informality and Macroeconomic Volatility: Do Credit Constraints Matter?," Borradores Departamento de Economía 012507, Universidad de Antioquia - CIE.
- Catalina Granda Carvajal, 2015. "Informality and Macroeconomic Volatility: Do Credit Constraints Matter?," Borradores Departamento de Economía 012506, Universidad de Antioquia - CIE.
- Nemanja Rancic & Mihajlo (Michael) Jakovljevic, 2016. "Long Term Health Spending Alongside Population Aging in N-11 Emerging Nations," Eastern European Business and Economics Journal, Eastern European Business and Economics Studies Centre, vol. 2(1), pages 2-26.
- Hans-Georg Petersen & Ulrich Thiessen, 2010. "Editors' Introduction: Shadow Economy in High Income Countries - Much Ado about Nothing?," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 413-419.
- Wagner, Anita K. & Graves, Amy Johnson & Reiss, Sheila K. & LeCates, Robert & Zhang, Fang & Ross-Degnan, Dennis, 2011. "Access to care and medicines, burden of health care expenditures, and risk protection: Results from the World Health Survey," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 151-158.
- Johansson, Kjell Arne & Nygaard, Elizabeth & Herlofsen, Berit & Lindemark, Frode, 2017. "Implementation of the 2013 amended Patients’ Rights Act in Norway: Clinical priority guidelines and access to specialised health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(4), pages 346-353.
- Patrick Hullegie & Tobias J. Klein, 2010.
"The effect of private health insurance on medical care utilization and self‐assessed health in Germany,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(9), pages 1048-1062, September.
- Hullegie P & Klein TJ, 2009. "The effect of private health insurance on medical care utilization and self-assessed health in Germany," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/17, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Hullegie, Patrick & Klein, Tobias J., 2010. "The Effect of Private Health Insurance on Medical Care Utilization and Self-Assessed Health in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 5004, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Birg, Laura, 2019. "Parallel imports and manufacturer rebates: Evidence from Germany," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 363, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Donal Mac Géidigh & Friedrich Schneider & Matthias Blum, 2016. "Grey Matters: Charting the Development of the Shadow Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 6234, CESifo.
- Nathan Kettlewell, 2019.
"Utilization and Selection in an Ancillaries Health Insurance Market,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 86(4), pages 989-1017, December.
- Nathan Kettlewell, 2016. "Utilisation and Selection in an Ancillaries Health Insurance Market," Discussion Papers 2016-17, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- van de Vijsel, Aart R. & Engelfriet, Peter M. & Westert, Gert P., 2011. "Rendering hospital budgets volume based and open ended to reduce waiting lists: Does it work?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 60-70, April.
- Denise Doiron & Nathan Kettlewell, 2020. "Family formation and the demand for health insurance," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 523-533, April.
- Hong Wang & Yu Liu & Yan Zhu & Lei Xue & Martha Dale & Heather Sipsma & Elizabeth Bradley, 2012. "Health Insurance Benefit Design and Healthcare Utilization in Northern Rural China," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(11), pages 1-7, November.
- Arvate, Paulo Roberto & Barbosa, Klênio & Gambardella, Dante, 2013. "Generic-branded drug competition and the price for pharmaceuticals in procurement auctions," Textos para discussão 333, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil).
- Martinez-Gutierrez, María Soledad & Cuadrado, Cristóbal, 2017. "Health policy in the concertación era (1990–2010): Reforms the chilean way," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 117-126.
- Cuadrado, Cristóbal & Crispi, Francisca & Libuy, Matías & Marchildon, Gregory & Cid, Camilo, 2019. "National Health Insurance: A conceptual framework from conflicting typologies," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(7), pages 621-629.
- Wouters, Olivier J. & Cylus, Jonathan & Yang, Wei & Thomson, Sarah & McKee, Martin, 2016. "Medical savings accounts: assessing their impact on efficiency, equity, and financial protection in health care," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65448, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Law Public Sector Development Law and Development Health; Nutrition and Population - Health Monitoring & Evaluation Health; Nutrition and Population - Health Systems Development & Reform Health; Nutrition and Population - Health Economics & Finance;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:22964. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Thomas Breineder to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.