Cost-containment policies in public pharmaceutical spending in the EU
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giuseppe Carone & Christoph Schwierz & Ana Xavier, 2012. "Cost-containment policies in public pharmaceutical spending in the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 461, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
References listed on IDEAS
- Panos Kanavos & Joan Costa-Font, 2005. "Pharmaceutical parallel trade in Europe: stakeholder and competition effects," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 20(44), pages 751-798, October.
- Fritz von der Schulenburg & Sotiris Vandoros & Panos Kanavos, 2011. "The effects of drug market regulation on pharmaceutical prices in Europe: overview and evidence from the market of ACE inhibitors," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 1-8, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vogler, Sabine & Zimmermann, Nina & de Joncheere, Kees, 2016. "Policy interventions related to medicines: Survey of measures taken in European countries during 2010–2015," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(12), pages 1363-1377.
- Han, Euna & Park, Sun-Young & Lee, Eui-Kyung, 2016. "Assessment of the Price–Volume Agreement Program in South Korea," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(10), pages 1209-1215.
- Fuksa, Leos & Vocelka, Milan & Vytrisalova, Magda, 2015. "The impact of changes in national prescribing conditions for statins on their public expenditure and utilization in the Czech Republic 1997–2013," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(9), pages 1255-1264.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Chiara Canta & Odd Rune StraumeAuthor-Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 2015.
"Does Reference Pricing Drive Out Generic Competition in Pharmaceutical Markets? Evidence from a Policy Reform,"
NIPE Working Papers
6/2015, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Canta, Chiara & Straume, Odd Rune, 2015. "Does Reference Pricing Drive Out Generic Competition in Pharmaceutical Markets? Evidence from a Policy Reform," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 11/2015, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Hugo Vilares & Manuel Coutinho Pereira, 2014. "A review of the pharmaceutical market in Portugal," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles and Banco de Portugal Economic Studies, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- repec:spr:aphecp:v:15:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40258-016-0300-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Hanna Koskinen & Elina Ahola & Leena Saastamoinen & Hennamari Mikkola & Jaana Martikainen, 2014. "The impact of reference pricing and extension of generic substitution on the daily cost of antipsychotic medication in Finland," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 1-10, December.
- Arvate, Paulo Roberto & Barbosa, Klênio & Gambardella, Dante, 2013. "Generic-branded drug competition and the price for pharmaceuticals in procurement auctions," Textos para discussão 333, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Holmås, Tor Helge & Straume, Odd Rune, 2015.
"Price regulation and parallel imports of pharmaceuticals,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 92-105.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Tor Helge Holmås & Odd Rune Straume, 2014. "Price Regulation and Parallel Imports of Pharmaceuticals," NIPE Working Papers 01/2014, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Tor Helge Holmås & Odd Rune Straume, 2015. "Price Regulation and Parallel Imports of Pharmaceuticals," CESifo Working Paper Series 5469, CESifo Group Munich.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Holmås, Tor Helge & Straume, Odd Rune, 2014. "Price Regulation and Parallel Imports of Pharmaceuticals," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 1/2014, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Canta, Chiara & Straume, Odd Rune, 2016.
"Reference pricing with endogenous generic entry,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 312-329.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Chiara Canta & Odd Rune Straume, 2015. "Reference pricing with endogenous generic entry," NIPE Working Papers 2/2015, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Canta, Chiara & Straume, Odd Rune, 2015. "Reference pricing with endogenous generic entry," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 4/2015, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Han, Euna & Chae, Su-Mi & Kim, Nam-Soon & Park, Sylvia, 2015. "Effects of pharmaceutical cost containment policies on doctors’ prescribing behavior: Focus on antibiotics," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(9), pages 1245-1254.
- Ana Sofia Gonçalves, 2014. "Prescription Patterns of Pharmaceuticals," GEE Papers 0054, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Jan 2014.
- repec:spr:pharmo:v:1:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s41669-017-0028-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2015. "Bulgaria Health Financing," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22964, The World Bank.
- Fabio Pammolli & Armando Rungi, 2016. "Access to Medicines and European Market Integration," Working Papers 01/2016, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Jan 2016.
- Levaggi, Rosella, 2014. "Pricing schemes for new drugs: A welfare analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 69-73.
- repec:nip:nipewp:06/2015 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schrader, Klaus & Bencek, David & Laaser, Claus-Friedrich, 2013. "IfW-Krisencheck: Alles wieder gut in Griechenland?," Kiel Discussion Papers 522/523, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Tsiantou, Vasiliki & Moschandreas, Joanna & Bertsias, Antonis & Papadakaki, Maria & Saridaki, Aristoula & Agius, Dominic & Alper, Zuleyha & Faresjo, Tomas & Klimkova, Martina & Martinez, Luc & Samouti, 2015. "General Practitioners’ intention to prescribe and prescribing patterns in selected European settings: The OTCSOCIOMED project," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(9), pages 1265-1274.
- Curto, Sandro & Ghislandi, Simone & van de Vooren, Katelijne & Duranti, Silvy & Garattini, Livio, 2014. "Regional tenders on biosimilars in Italy: An empirical analysis of awarded prices," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 182-187.
- repec:spr:pharme:v:35:y:2017:i:8:d:10.1007_s40273-017-0514-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jaume Puig-Junoy & Santiago Rodríguez-Feijoó & Beatriz Lopez-Valcarcel, 2014. "Paying for Formerly Free Medicines in Spain After 1 Year of Co-Payment: Changes in the Number of Dispensed Prescriptions," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 279-287, June.
- Goranitis, Ilias & Siskou, Olga & Liaropoulos, Lycourgos, 2014. "Health policy making under information constraints: An evaluation of the policy responses to the economic crisis in Greece," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 279-284.
- Brick, Aoife & Gorecki, Paul K. & Nolan, Anne, 2013. "Ireland: Pharmaceutical Prices, Prescribing Practices and Usage of Generics in a Comparative Context," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS32.
- repec:spr:aphecp:v:15:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40258-016-0288-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsrational use of medicines; generic substitution; public pharmaceutical expenditure; pharmaceutical policies; cost-containment; value for money; pharmaceutical sector regulations;
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I00 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General - - - General
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.