Cost-containment policies in public pharmaceutical spending in the EU
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giuseppe Carone & Christoph Schwierz & Ana Xavier, 2012. "Cost-containment policies in public pharmaceutical spending in the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 461, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fritz von der Schulenburg & Sotiris Vandoros & Panos Kanavos, 2011. "The effects of drug market regulation on pharmaceutical prices in Europe: overview and evidence from the market of ACE inhibitors," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 1-8, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Adrian Towse & Michele Pistollato & Jorge Mestre-Ferrandiz & Zeba Khan & Satyin Kaura & Louis Garrison, 2015. "European Union Pharmaceutical Markets: A Case for Differential Pricing?," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 263-275, July.
- Sotiris Vandoros, 2014. "Therapeutic Substitution Post‐Patent Expiry: The Cases Of Ace Inhibitors And Proton Pump Inhibitors," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(5), pages 621-630, May.
- RodrÃguez, P & Andia, T & Mantilla, C & Morales, Á & Ortiz, S, 2020.
"Does price-cap regulation work for increasing access to contraceptives? Aggregate- and pharmacy-level evidence from Colombia,"
Documentos de Trabajo
018484, Universidad del Rosario.
- Andia, Tatiana & Mantilla, Cesar & Morales, Alvaro & Ortiz, Santiago & Rodriguez-Lesmes, Paul, 2020. "Does price-cap regulation work for increasing access to contraceptives? Aggregate- and pharmacy-level evidence from Colombia," SocArXiv cq7d2, Center for Open Science.
- Leopold, Christine & Mantel-Teeuwisse, Aukje Katja & Vogler, Sabine & de Joncheere, Kees & Laing, Richard Ogilvie & Leufkens, Hubert G.M., 2013. "Is Europe still heading to a common price level for on-patent medicines? An exploratory study among 15 Western European countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(3), pages 209-216.
- Park, Sun-Young & Han, Euna & Kim, Jini & Lee, Eui-Kyung, 2016. "Factors influencing the difference between forecasted and actual drug sales volumes under the price–volume agreement in South Korea," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(8), pages 867-874.
- Tomasz Zaprutko & Dorota Kopciuch & Krzysztof Kus & Piotr Merks & Monika Nowicka & Izabela Augustyniak & Elżbieta Nowakowska, 2017. "Affordability of medicines in the European Union," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(2), pages 1-13, February.
- Fabio Pammolli & Armando Rungi, 2016. "Access to Medicines and European Market Integration," Working Papers 01/2016, IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Jan 2016.
- Stephan Eger & Jörg Mahlich, 2014. "Pharmaceutical regulation in Europe and its impact on corporate R&D," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 1-9, December.
- Dominik J. Wettstein & Stefan Boes, 2019. "Effectiveness of National Pricing Policies for Patent-Protected Pharmaceuticals in the OECD: A Systematic Literature Review," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 143-162, April.
- Nika Marđetko & Mitja Kos, 2018. "Introduction of therapeutic reference pricing in Slovenia and its economic consequences," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 19(4), pages 571-584, May.
More about this item
Keywordsrational use of medicines; generic substitution; public pharmaceutical expenditure; pharmaceutical policies; cost-containment; value for money; pharmaceutical sector regulations;
All these keywords.
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I00 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General - - - General
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HEA-2012-10-27 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.