Service Delivery with More Districts in Uganda : Fiscal Challenges and Opportunities for Reforms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2010. "Uganda - Public Expenditure Review : Strengthening the Impact of the Roads Budget," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2941, The World Bank.
- McGreer Edward & McMillan Melville L., 1993. "Public Output Demands from Alternative Congestion Functions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 95-114, January.
- Edward C. LeSage Jr. & Melville L. McMillan, 2008. "Alberta: Municipal System Overview," Information Bulletins 1110, Western Centre for Economic Research.
- Borcherding, Thomas E & Deacon, Robert T, 1972. "The Demand for the Services of Non-Federal Governments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 891-901, December.
- Melville L. McMillan & W. Robert Wilson & Louise M. Arthur, 1981. "The Publicness of Local Public Goods: Evidence from Ontario Municipalities," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(4), pages 596-608, November.
- Deller, Steven C & Rudnicki, Edward, 1992. "Managerial Efficiency in Local Government: Implications on Jurisdictional Consolidation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 74(2), pages 221-231, September.
- De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 1996.
"Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 145-170, April.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, Kristiaan, 1994. "Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA and econometric approaches," SESO Working Papers 1994002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2010. "Working for God? Evidence from a Change in Financing of Nonprofit Health Care Providers in Uganda," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(6), pages 1159-1178, December.
- McMillan, Melville, 1976. "Criteria for jurisdictional design : Issues in defining the scope and structure of river basin authorities and other public decision-making bodies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 46-68, June.
- De Borger, B & Kerstens, K. & Moesen, W. & Vanneste, J., 1994.
"Explaining Differences in Productive Efficiency: An Application to Belgian Municipalities,"
Springer, vol. 80(3-4), pages 339-358, September.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, K. & MOESEN, Wim & VANNESTE, Jacques, 1992. "Explaining differences in productive efficiency: An application to Belgian municipalities," SESO Working Papers 1992003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Vjekoslav Bratic, 2008. "Local Self-Government in Central and Eastern Europe: a Strong and Independent Local-Level Management Tool or Just a Paper Tiger?," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 32(2), pages 139-157.
- Okidi, John A. & Guloba, Madina, 2006. "Decentralization and development: Emerging issues from Uganda's experience," Occasional Papers 93810, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Fox, William F. & Gurley, Tami, 2006. "Will consolidation improve sub-national governments ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3913, The World Bank.
- Benin, Samuel & Nkonya, Ephraim & Okecho, Geresom & Pender, John & Nahdy, Silim & Mugarura, Samuel & Kayobyo, Godfrey, 2007. "Assessing the impact of the National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) in the Uganda rural livelihoods:," IFPRI discussion papers 724, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2004. "Local Capture: Evidence from a Central Government Transfer Program in Uganda," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 679-705.
- Giorgio Brosio & Ehtisham Ahmad & Maria Gonzalez, 2006. "Uganda; Managing More Effective Decentralization," IMF Working Papers 06/279, International Monetary Fund.
- McMillan, Melville L., 1989. "On measuring congestion of local public goods," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 131-137, September.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Sector Economics Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Subnational Economic Development Governance - National Governance Public Sector Expenditure Policy Finance and Financial Sector Development - Debt Markets Public Sector Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-10-18 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-NPS-2013-10-18 (Nonprofit & Public Sector)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:16012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.