Service Delivery with More Districts in Uganda : Fiscal Challenges and Opportunities for Reforms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2010. "Uganda - Public Expenditure Review : Strengthening the Impact of the Roads Budget," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2941, The World Bank.
- McGreer Edward & McMillan Melville L., 1993. "Public Output Demands from Alternative Congestion Functions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 95-114, January.
- Edward C. LeSage Jr. & Melville L. McMillan, 2008. "Alberta: Municipal System Overview," Information Bulletins 1110, Western Centre for Economic Research.
- Borcherding, Thomas E & Deacon, Robert T, 1972. "The Demand for the Services of Non-Federal Governments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 891-901, December.
- Melville L. McMillan & W. Robert Wilson & Louise M. Arthur, 1981. "The Publicness of Local Public Goods: Evidence from Ontario Municipalities," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(4), pages 596-608, November.
- Deller, Steven C & Rudnicki, Edward, 1992. "Managerial Efficiency in Local Government: Implications on Jurisdictional Consolidation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 74(2), pages 221-231, September.
- De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 1996.
"Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 145-170, April.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, Kristiaan, 1994. "Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA and econometric approaches," SESO Working Papers 1994002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2010. "Working for God? Evidence from a Change in Financing of Nonprofit Health Care Providers in Uganda," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(6), pages 1159-1178, December.
- McMillan, Melville, 1976. "Criteria for jurisdictional design : Issues in defining the scope and structure of river basin authorities and other public decision-making bodies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 46-68, June.
- De Borger, B & Kerstens, K. & Moesen, W. & Vanneste, J., 1994.
"Explaining Differences in Productive Efficiency: An Application to Belgian Municipalities,"
Springer, vol. 80(3-4), pages 339-358, September.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, K. & MOESEN, Wim & VANNESTE, Jacques, 1992. "Explaining differences in productive efficiency: An application to Belgian municipalities," SESO Working Papers 1992003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Vjekoslav Bratic, 2008. "Local Self-Government in Central and Eastern Europe: a Strong and Independent Local-Level Management Tool or Just a Paper Tiger?," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 32(2), pages 139-157.
- Okidi, John A. & Guloba, Madina, 2006. "Decentralization and development: Emerging issues from Uganda's experience," Occasional Papers 93810, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Fox, William F. & Gurley, Tami, 2006. "Will consolidation improve sub-national governments ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3913, The World Bank.
- Benin, Samuel & Nkonya, Ephraim & Okecho, Geresom & Pender, John & Nahdy, Silim & Mugarura, Samuel & Kayobyo, Godfrey, 2007. "Assessing the impact of the National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) in the Uganda rural livelihoods:," IFPRI discussion papers 724, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2004. "Local Capture: Evidence from a Central Government Transfer Program in Uganda," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 679-705.
- Giorgio Brosio & Ehtisham Ahmad & Maria Gonzalez, 2006. "Uganda; Managing More Effective Decentralization," IMF Working Papers 06/279, International Monetary Fund.
- McMillan, Melville L., 1989. "On measuring congestion of local public goods," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 131-137, September.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Sector Economics Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Subnational Economic Development Governance - National Governance Public Sector Expenditure Policy Finance and Financial Sector Development - Debt Markets Public Sector Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-10-18 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-NPS-2013-10-18 (Nonprofit & Public Sector)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:16012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .