On the Relationship between Authority Size and the Costs of Providing Local Services: Lessons for the Design of Intergovernmental Transfers in Spain
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Solé-Ollé, Albert & Sorribas-Navarro, Pilar, 2008.
"The effects of partisan alignment on the allocation of intergovernmental transfers. Differences-in-differences estimates for Spain,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(12), pages 2302-2319, December.
- Albert SolÃ©-OllÃ© & Pilar Sorribas-Navarro, 2006. "The Effects of Partisan Alignment on the Allocation of Intergovernmental Transfers. Differences-in-Differences Estimates for Spain," CESifo Working Paper Series 1855, CESifo Group Munich.
- Albert Solé-Ollé & Pilar Sorribas-Navarro, 2006. "The effects of partisan alignment on the allocation of intergovernmental transfers. Differences-in-differences estimates for Spain," Working Papers 2006-09, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:76:y:2018:i:c:p:18-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Foremny, Dirk & Solé-Ollé, Albert, 2016. "Who's coming to the rescue? Revenue-sharing slumps and implicit bailouts during the Great Recession," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-049, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Miriam Hortas-Rico & Vicente Ríos, 2018. "Is there an optimal size for local governments? A spatial panel data model approach," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1809, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Sole-Olle, Albert, 2006.
"Expenditure spillovers and fiscal interactions: Empirical evidence from local governments in Spain,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 32-53, January.
- Albert Solé Ollé, 2005. "Expenditure spillovers and fiscal interactions: Empirical evidence from local governments in Spain," Working Papers 2005/3, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Albert Solé-Ollé & Pilar Sorribas-Navarro, 2012.
"The dynamic adjustment of local government budgets: does Spain behave differently?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(25), pages 3203-3213, September.
- Albert Solé-Ollé & Pilar Sorribas-Navarro, 2009. "The dinamic adjustment of local government budgets: does Spain behave differently?," Working Papers 2009/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Albert Solé-Ollé & Pilar Sorribas-Navarro, 2011. "The dynamic adjustment of local government budgets: does Spain behave differently?," Post-Print hal-00711451, HAL.
- Albert Sole-Olle & Pilar Sorribas-Navarro, 2009. "The dynamic adjustment of local government budgets: Does Spain Behave differently?," Working Papers in Economics 226, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Reingewertz, Yaniv, 2014. "Fiscal Decentralization - a Survey of the Empirical Literature," MPRA Paper 59889, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J.A. Bikker & D.E. van der Linde, 2015. "The Optimum Size of Local Public Administration," Working Papers 15-05, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Dirk Foremny & Jordi Jofre-Monseny & Albert Solé-Ollé, 2015.
"‘Hold that ghost’: using notches to identify manipulation of population-based grants,"
2015/39, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Dirk Foremny & Jordi Jofre-Monseny & Albert Solé-Ollé, 2015. "'Hold that Ghost': Using Notches to Identify Manipulation of Population-Based Grants," CESifo Working Paper Series 5578, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nuria Boch Roca & Marta Espasa & Daniel Montolio, 2014.
"Should Large Spanish Municipalities Be Financially Compensated? Costs and Benefits of Being a Capital/Central Municipality,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 211(4), pages 67-91, December.
- Núria Bosch & Marta Espasa & Daniel Montolio, 2013. "Should large Spanish municipalities be financially compensated? Costs and benefits of being a capital/central municipality," Working Papers 2013/6, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Luiz de Mello & Santiago Lago-Pe-as, 2013.
"Local government cooperation for joint provision: the experiences of Brazil and Spain with inter-municipal consortia,"
Chapters,in: The Challenge of Local Government Size, chapter 9, pages 221-241
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Luiz de Mello & Santiago Lago-Peñas, 2012. "Local Government Cooperation for Joint Provision: The Experiences of Brazil and Spain with Inter-Municipal Consortia," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1218, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Jordi Jofre-Monseny & Pilar Sorribas-Navarro & Javier Vázquez-Grenno, 2016. "Immigration and local spending in social services: evidence from a massive immigration wave," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 23(6), pages 1004-1029, December.
- Dino Rizzi & Michele Zanette, 2015. "A Procedure for the Ex-Ante Assessment of Compulsory Municipal Amalgamation Programs," Working Papers 2015:22, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Reingewertz, Yaniv, 2012. "Do municipal amalgamations work? Evidence from municipalities in Israel," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 240-251.
- repec:spr:chfecr:v:4:y:2015:i:1:d:10.1186_s40589-016-0026-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Buettner, Thiess & Holm-Hadulla, Fédéric, 2013. "City size and the demand for local public goods," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 16-21.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:154:y:2017:i:c:p:49-66 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordslocal governments; intergovernmental transfers; scale economies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:pubfin:v:33:y:2005:i:3:p:343-384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.