Public Goods, Club Goods, and the Measurement of Crowding
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Reiter & Alfons J. Weichenrieder, 1998. "Public Goods, Club Goods, and the Measurement of Crowding," CESifo Working Paper Series 171, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1981. "Congested public goods: The case of fire protection," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 45-58, February.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Goodman, Robert P, 1973. "Private Demands for Public Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 280-296, June.
- Craig, Steven G., 1987. "The impact of congestion on local public good production," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 331-353, April.
- Steven G. Craig & Eric J. Heikkila, 1989. "Urban Safety in Vancouver: Allocation and Production of a Congestible Public Good," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(4), pages 867-884, November.
- Edwards, John H. Y., 1992. "Indivisibility and preference for collective provision," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 559-577, November.
- Edwards, John H. Y., 1990. "Congestion function specification and the "publicness" of local public goods," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 80-96, January.
- Inman, Robert P., 1978. "A generalized congestion function for highway travel," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 21-34, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Constantino Cronemberger Mendes & Maria da Conceição Sampaio de Sousa, 2004. "Demand For Locally Provided Public Services Within The Median Voter'S Framework: The Case Of The Brazilian Municipalities," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 027, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Iturbe-Ormaetxe, Iñigo & Romero, J. Gabriel, 2016.
"Financing public goods and attitudes toward immigration,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 159-178.
- Gabriel Romero & Iñigo Iturbe-Ormaetxe Kortajarene, 2013. "Financing public goods and attitudes toward immigration," Working Papers. Serie AD 2013-09, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Traub, Stefan & Missong, Martin, 2005. "On the public provision of the performing arts," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 862-882, November.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1999. "Inflation and Welfare: Comment on Robert Lucas," NBER Working Papers 6979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meagher, Kieron & Teo, Ernie G.S., 2005. "Two-part tariffs in the online gaming industry: The role of creative destruction and network externalities," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 457-470, October.
- Traub, Stefan, 2006. "The Provision of Local Public Services in a Risky Environment: An Application to Crime," Economics Working Papers 2006-03, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Christoph Sauer & Margit Schratzenstaller, 2002. "Strategies Of International Fiscal Competition For Foreign Direct Investment In A Model With Impure Public Inputs," Departmental Discussion Papers 115, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Constantino Cronemberger Mendes & Maria da Conceicao Sampaio de Sousa, 2006. "Demand for locally provided public services within the median voter's framework: the case of the Brazilian municipalities," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 239-251.
- Carlos A. Vegh y Guillermo Vuletin, 2016.
"Unsticking the flypaper effect using distortionary taxation,"
Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, pages 185-237.
- Carlos A. Vegh & Guillermo Vuletin, 2016. "Unsticking the Flypaper Effect Using Distortionary Taxation," NBER Working Papers 22304, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maria da Conceição Sampaio e Sousa, 2011. "Locally Provided Public Schooling in Brazilian Municipalities," Economia, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 12(3), pages 427-444.
- Andy Thorpe & Catherine Robinson, 2004. "When goliaths clash: US and EU differences over the labeling of food products derived from genetically modified organisms," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 21(4), pages 287-298, January.
- Constantino Cronemberger Mendes & Maria da Conceição Sampaio de Sousa, 2004. "Demand for Locally provided Public Services Within the Median Voter`s Framework: The Case of the Brazilian Municipalities," Discussion Papers 1046, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Masayoshi Hayashi, 2012. "Congestion, Technical Returns, and the Minimum Efficient Scales of Local Public Expenditures: An Empirical Analysis for Japanese Cities," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-852, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Udo Ebert & Patrick Moyes, 2017. "Inequality and isoelastic equivalence scales: restrictions and implications," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 48(2), pages 295-326, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:46:y:1999:i:1:p:69-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .