Congested public goods: The case of fire protection
No abstract is available for this item.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1997.
"The selection principle and market failure in systems competition,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 247-274, November.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1997. "The selection principle and market failure in systems competition," Munich Reprints in Economics 19854, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Douglas C. Bice & William H. Hoyt, 1997. "The Impact of Mandates and Tax Limits on Voluntary Contributions to Local Public Services: An Application to Fire Protection Services," Public Economics 9704002, EconWPA.
- Reiter, Michael & Weichenrieder, Alfons J., 1999. "Public Goods, Club Goods, and the Measurement of Crowding," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 69-79, July.
- Michael Reiter & Alfons J. Weichenrieder, 1998. "Public Goods, Club Goods, and the Measurement of Crowding," CESifo Working Paper Series 171, CESifo Group Munich.
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa & Tomohisa Miyashita, 2013. "Does the method adopted for distribution of services by amalgamating municipalities affect expenditure after amalgamation? Evidence from Japan," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201315, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Albert Solé-Ollé, 2001. "Budget spillovers in a metropolitan area: typology and empirical evidence," Working Papers 2001/5, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- K. Mccarthy & F. van Doorn & B. Unger, 2008. "Globalisation, Tax Competition and the Harmonisation of Corporate Tax Rates in Europe: A Case of Killing the Patient to Cure the Disease?," Working Papers 08-13, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Brunet, Alexia & McNamara, Kevin T. & Deboer, Larry, 2001. "Alternative Service Delivery Strategies For Local Governments," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20705, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Thiess BÃ¼ttner & Alexander Ebertz & BjÃ¶rn Kauder & Markus Reischmann, 2013. "Finanzwissenschaftliche Begutachtung des kommunalen Finanzausgleichs in Rheinland-Pfalz," ifo Forschungsberichte, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 58, Winter.
- David, Guy & Harrington, Scott E., 2010. "Population density and racial differences in the performance of emergency medical services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 603-615, July.
- Craig, Steven G. & Holsey, Cheryl M., 1997. "Efficient inequality: differential allocation in the local public sector," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 763-784, November.
- Witte, Kristof De & Geys, Benny, 2011. "Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from a generalised conditional efficiency model for public libraries," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 319-327, May.
- De Witte, Kristof & Geys, Benny, 2010. "Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from a generalised conditional efficiency model for public libraries," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2010-14, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa, 2013. "Cost Inefficiency of Municipalities after Amalgamation," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201314, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:60:y:2009:i:1:d:10.1057_jors.2009.3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Masayoshi Hayashi, 2012. "Congestion, Technical Returns, and the Minimum Efficient Scales of Local Public Expenditures: An Empirical Analysis for Japanese Cities," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-852, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Thiess BÃ¼ttner & Petra EnÃŸ & FÃ©dÃ©ric Holm-Hadulla & Robert Schwager & Christiane Starbatty & Wiebke Webering, 2010. "Der kommunale Finanzausgleich in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern : langfristige Entwicklung und Reformperspektiven ; Teil I: Der vertikale Finanzausgleich ; Gutachten im Auftrag des Innenministeriums des Lande," ifo Forschungsberichte, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 45, Winter.
- Burton A. Abrams & Evangelos M. Falaris & James G. Mulligan, 2015. "Municipal Technological Change in the 19th Century: The Diffusion of Steam-Powered Fire-Fighting Equipment," Working Papers 15-09, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:15:y:1981:i:1:p:45-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed