Why is online piracy ethically different from theft? A vignette experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gneezy, Uri & Rustichini, Aldo, 2000. "A Fine is a Price," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Tim Goles & Bandula Jayatilaka & Beena George & Linda Parsons & Valrie Chambers & David Taylor & Rebecca Brune, 2008. "Softlifting: Exploring Determinants of Attitude," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 77(4), pages 481-499, February.
- Kirsten Robertson & Lisa McNeill & James Green & Claire Roberts, 2012. "Illegal Downloading, Ethical Concern, and Illegal Behavior," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(2), pages 215-227, June.
- Charles Hill, 2007. "Digital piracy: Causes, consequences, and strategic responses," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 9-25, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christoph Engel, 2016. "Experimental Criminal Law. A Survey of Contributions from Law, Economics and Criminology," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2016_07, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Krawczyk, Michał & Tyrowicz, Joanna & Kukla-Gryz, Anna & Hardy, Wojciech, 2015. "“Piracy is not theft!” Is it just students who think so?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 32-39.
More about this item
Keywordsvignette experiment; illegal downloading; digital piracy; illegal download; downloading behaviour; P2P network;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2013-10-05 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CUL-2013-10-05 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2013-10-05 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2013-10-05 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-IPR-2013-10-05 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-IUE-2013-10-05 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2013-10-05 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:war:wpaper:2013-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcin Bąba) or (Marina Grazioli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fesuwpl.html .