Products of Several Relative Probabilities
This paper defines and develops the concept of a product dispersion over any finite number of dimensions. The concept itself is nontrivial because products over several dimensions cannot be constructed by an iterative binary operation. Yet the paper's most important contribution is to characterize product dispersions by means of monomials. This result is derived through elementary linear algebra, and can be used to characterize the consistency of beliefs in extensive-form games (Streufert (2006a)).
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 519-661-2111 Ext.85244
Web page: http://economics.uwo.ca/research/research_papers/department_working_papers.html
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vieille, Nicolas, 1996. "Conditional Systems Revisited," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 207-17.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1986.
"Multistage Games with Communication,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(2), pages 323-58, March.
- Peter A. Streufert, 2006. "Characterizing Consistency by Monomials and by Product Dispersions," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20062, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- McLennan, Andrew, 1989. "The Space of Conditional Systems is a Ball," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 125-39.
- Blume, Lawrence & Brandenburger, Adam & Dekel, Eddie, 1991.
"Lexicographic Probabilities and Choice under Uncertainty,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 61-79, January.
- Lawrence Blume & Adam Brandenburger & Eddie Dekel, 2014. "Lexicographic Probabilities and Choice Under Uncertainty," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: The Language of Game Theory Putting Epistemics into the Mathematics of Games, chapter 6, pages 137-160 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Kreps, David M & Wilson, Robert, 1982.
Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 863-94, July.
- Monderer, Dov & Samet, Dov & Shapley, Lloyd S, 1992. "Weighted Values and the Core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 27-39.
- Kohlberg, Elon & Reny, Philip J., 1997. "Independence on Relative Probability Spaces and Consistent Assessments in Game Trees," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 280-313, August.
- Peter A. Streufert, 2004.
"Products of Representations Characterize the Products of Dispersions and the Consistency of Beliefs,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
548, Econometric Society.
- Peter A. Streufert, 2003. "Products of Representations Characterize the Products of Dispersions and the Consistency of Beliefs," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20039, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwo:uwowop:20061. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.