Factors Affecting the Probability of Bankruptcy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maurice Peat, 2007. "Factors Affecting the Probability of Bankruptcy: A Managerial Decision Based Approach," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(3), pages 303-324, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lennox, Clive, 1999. "Identifying failing companies: a re-evaluation of the logit, probit and DA approaches," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 347-364, July.
- Scott, James, 1981. "The probability of bankruptcy: A comparison of empirical predictions and theoretical models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 317-344, September.
- Ohlson, Ja, 1980. "Financial Ratios And The Probabilistic Prediction Of Bankruptcy," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 109-131.
- Mossman, Charles E, et al, 1998. "An Empirical Comparison of Bankruptcy Models," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 33(2), pages 35-53, May.
- Pinches, George E & Mingo, Kent A & Caruthers, J Kent, 1973. "The Stability of Financial Patterns in Industrial Organizations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(2), pages 389-396, May.
- Grice, John Stephen & Ingram, Robert W., 2001. "Tests of the generalizability of Altman's bankruptcy prediction model," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 53-61, October.
- Altman, Edward I. & Haldeman, Robert G. & Narayanan, P., 1977. "ZETATM analysis A new model to identify bankruptcy risk of corporations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 29-54, June.
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-124, January.
- Maurice Peat, 2001. "Bankruptcy Probability: A Theoretical and Empirical Examination," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 20, July-Dece.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhimani, Alnoor & Gulamhussen, Mohamed Azzim & Lopes, Samuel Da-Rocha, 2010. "Accounting and non-accounting determinants of default: An analysis of privately-held firms," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 517-532, November.
- Maria H. Kim & Graham Partington, 2015. "Dynamic forecasts of financial distress of Australian firms," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 40(1), pages 135-160, February.
- Kenth Skogsvik, 2007. "Discussion of Peat," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(3), pages 325-331, September.
- James Routledge & David Morrison, 2012. "Insolvency administration as a strategic response to financial distress," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 37(3), pages 441-459, December.
- Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Yolanda Fuertes-Call鮠 & Bego uti鲲ez-Nieto & Beatriz Cuellar-Fernᮤez, 2014.
"Path modelling to bankruptcy: causes and symptoms of the banking crisis,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(31), pages 3798-3811, November.
- Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Y. Fuertes-Callén & Begoña Gutiérrez-Nieto & B. Cuéllar-Fernández, 2011. "Path modeling to bankruptcy: causes and symptoms of the banking crisis," Working Papers CEB 11-007, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Alessandra Amendola & Francesco Giordano & Maria Lucia Parrella & Marialuisa Restaino, 2017. "Variable selection in high‐dimensional regression: a nonparametric procedure for business failure prediction," Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 33(4), pages 355-368, August.
- Antonio Blanco-Oliver & Ana Irimia-Dieguez & María Oliver-Alfonso & Nicholas Wilson, 2015. "Systemic Sovereign Risk and Asset Prices: Evidence from the CDS Market, Stressed European Economies and Nonlinear Causality Tests," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 65(2), pages 144-166, April.
- David Johnstone, 2007. "Discussion of Altman and Sabato," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(3), pages 358-362, September.
- Ana Paula Matias Gama & Helena Susana Amaral Geraldes, 2012. "Credit risk assessment and the impact of the New Basel Capital Accord on small and medium-sized enterprises: An empirical analysis," Management Research Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(8), pages 727-749, July.
- Sumon Bhaumik & Pranab Kumar Das & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2011. "Firm Investment & Credit Constraints in India, 1997 ??? 2006: A stochastic frontier approach," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1010, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Alessandro Zeli, 2014. "The financial distress indicators trend in Italy: an analysis of medium-size enterprises," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 4(2), pages 199-221, December.
- Elizabeth Carson & Neil Fargher & Yuyu Zhang, 2016. "Trends in Auditor Reporting in Australia: A Synthesis and Opportunities for Research," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 26(3), pages 226-242, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:wpaper:130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfutsau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.