Variable selection in high‐dimensional regression: a nonparametric procedure for business failure prediction
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Anthony Y. C. Kuk & Jialiang Li & A. John Rush, 2014. "Variable and threshold selection to control predictive accuracy in logistic regression," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(4), pages 657-672, August.
- Lennox, Clive, 1999. "Identifying failing companies: a re-evaluation of the logit, probit and DA approaches," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 347-364, July.
- du Jardin, Philippe, 2010. "Predicting bankruptcy using neural networks and other classification methods: the influence of variable selection techniques on model accuracy," MPRA Paper 44375, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Deakin, Eb, 1972. "Discriminant Analysis Of Predictors Of Business Failure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 167-179.
- Raffaella Calabrese & Paolo Giudici, 2015. "Estimating bank default with generalised extreme value regression models," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 66(11), pages 1783-1792, November.
- Andreas Charitou & Evi Neophytou & Chris Charalambous, 2004. "Predicting corporate failure: empirical evidence for the UK," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 465-497.
- Maurice Peat, 2007. "Factors Affecting the Probability of Bankruptcy: A Managerial Decision Based Approach," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(3), pages 303-324, September.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- Lensberg, Terje & Eilifsen, Aasmund & McKee, Thomas E., 2006. "Bankruptcy theory development and classification via genetic programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 169(2), pages 677-697, March.
- Ohlson, Ja, 1980. "Financial Ratios And The Probabilistic Prediction Of Bankruptcy," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 109-131.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Beaver, Wh, 1966. "Financial Ratios As Predictors Of Failure - Reply," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4, pages 123-127.
- Giordano, Francesco & Parrella, Maria Lucia, 2016. "Bias-corrected inference for multivariate nonparametric regression: Model selection and oracle property," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 71-93.
- Wolfgang Härdle & Yuh-Jye Lee & Dorothea Schäfer & Yi-Ren Yeh, 2009. "Variable selection and oversampling in the use of smooth support vector machines for predicting the default risk of companies," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(6), pages 512-534.
- Joy, O. Maurice & Tollefson, John O., 1975. "On the Financial Applications of Discriminant Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(5), pages 723-739, December.
- Mossman, Charles E, et al, 1998. "An Empirical Comparison of Bankruptcy Models," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 33(2), pages 35-53, May.
- Rada Dakovic & Claudia Czado & Daniel Berg, 2010. "Bankruptcy prediction in Norway: a comparison study," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(17), pages 1739-1746.
- Luoma, M & Laitinen, EK, 1991. "Survival analysis as a tool for company failure prediction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 673-678.
- Ying Huang & Margaret Sullivan Pepe & Ziding Feng, 2007. "Evaluating the Predictiveness of a Continuous Marker," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 1181-1188, December.
- Beaver, Wh, 1966. "Financial Ratios As Predictors Of Failure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4, pages 71-111.
- Muriel Perez, 2006. "Artificial Neural Networks And Bankruptcy Forecasting : A State Of The Art," Post-Print halshs-00522129, HAL.
- Chris Charalambous & Andreas Charitou & Froso Kaourou, 2000. "Comparative Analysis of Artificial Neural Network Models: Application in Bankruptcy Prediction," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 99(1), pages 403-425, December.
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-124, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bertrand, Jean-Louis & Parnaudeau, Miia, 2019. "Understanding the economic effects of abnormal weather to mitigate the risk of business failures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 391-402.
- Juan-PierrÃ Bruwer, 2018. "Do Internal Control Activities Adversely Influence the Profitability and Solvency of South African SMMEs?," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 10(1), pages 49-58.
- Maria Elisabete Neves & Carla Henriques & João Vilas, 0. "Financial performance assessment of electricity companies: evidence from Portugal," Operational Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-49.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:apsmbi:v:33:y:2017:i:4:p:355-368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: https://doi.org/10.1002/(ISSN)1526-4025 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.