The Macroeconomics of the Pension Fund Reform and the case of the TFR reform in Italy
The controversial saving-investment relationship is central to macroeconomics, but in this capacity – perhaps less evidently – it is also central to the macroeconomics of pension reforms. Bearing this in mind, in this paper we shall review the main issues concerning these reforms and examine the recent attempt to enlarge the fully funded component of the pension system in Italy by employing the resources accumulated by firms on behalf of workers within the ‘Trattamento di Fine Rapporto’ scheme (a sort of severance pay scheme).
|Date of creation:||Dec 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Piazza S.Francesco,7 - 53100 Siena|
Web page: http://www.deps.unisi.it/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antonella Palumbo & Attilio Trezzini, 2003. "Growth without normal capacity utilization," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 109-135.
- Thomas R. Michl & Duncan K. Foley, 2001.
"Social Security in a Classical Growth Model,"
SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization.
2000-15, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Riccardo Cesari & Giuseppe Grande & Fabio Panetta, 2007. "La Previdenza Complementare in Italia: Caratteristiche, Sviluppo e Opportunità per i Lavoratori," CeRP Working Papers 60, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- P. Garegnani, 1970. "Heterogeneous Capital, the Production Function and the Theory of Distribution," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 407-436.
- Nicholas Barr & Peter Diamond, 2006.
"The economics of pensions,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2630, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:28:y:2004:i:18:p:a0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Neri Salvadori, 2004. "Economic growth and distribution: on the nature and causes of the wealth of nations," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 28(18), pages 0-.
- Harcourt, G C, 1969.
"Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 369-405, June.
- Harcourt,G. C., 1972. "Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521096720, May.
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2006. "A reply to Michl," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(6), pages 985-987, November.
- Phil Agulnik & Julian Le Grand, 1998. "Tax relief and partnership pensions," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(4), pages 403-428, November.
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2006. "Transition to fully funded pension schemes: a non-orthodox criticism," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(1), pages 33-48, January.
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2007. "Are PAYG and FF Pension Schemes Equivalent Systems? Macroeconomic Considerations in the Light of Alternative Economic Theories," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 449-473.
- Cesaratto Sergio, 2001. "Le deboli fondamenta del secondo pilastro pensionistico: note sul contributo di Forni e Giordano," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 359-366.
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2006. "Pensions in an ageing society: a symposium," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 295-299.
- Dalziel, Paul C & Harcourt, Geoffrey C, 1997. "A Note on 'Mr. Meade's Relation' and International Capital Movements," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(5), pages 621-631, September.
- Felice Roberto Pizzuti, 1998. "Pension Reform and Economic Policy Constraints in Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 12(1), pages 45-66, 03.
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2001. "Aspetti macroeconomici del passaggio alla capitalizzazione: considerazioni non ortodosse sulla riforma pensionistica," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 91(5), pages 33-82, June.
- Holzmann, Robert, 1998. "Financing the transition to multipillar," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 20052, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:wpaper:549. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabrizio Becatti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.